[Canadians] Who put a deposit down for Type-R?

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
also winter tire options as well to fit the brakes....
Not sure if you are familiar with Brembo calipers, but they can be expensive to replace, and salt kills them as soon as any anti-corrosion measures are breached. (Aluminium + road salt+sand = instant corrosion).

On the plus side, Brembo calipers are very easy to maintain, so if you are handy, then every few weeks as soon as road salting starts (yes, that often) you can clean the salt off and pull the pads and check that the anti-corrosion seals surrounding the pistons are still good and well-lubricated, ditto any anti-squeal measures, pad retaining clips, etc. If you do that, then you can take action as soon as the anti-corrosion seal rubber is torn - and the rubber will eventually tear - and save yourself a few thousand dollars.
Sponsored

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
If you guys can afford the type R, why winter drive it? It will severely hurt the resale, because there will be just as many examples that won't be winter driven.. I'll gladly spend 5000$ for a reliable winter beater and keep everything fresh in the Type R,, Makes sense to me.. just saying.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
If you guys can afford the type R, why winter drive it? It will severely hurt the resale, because there will be just as many examples that won't be winter driven.. I'll gladly spend 5000$ for a reliable winter beater and keep everything fresh in the Type R,, Makes sense to me.. just saying.
There are both sides to this, and neither are right or wrong.

Storing CTR in the winter:
Keeps resale value
Keeps car clean
Don't have to pay for a set of winter wheels
AWD will be better than CTR under major snow storms

Driving CTR in the winter:
Don't have to buy a second car, insurance, etc
Hurts resale value
Car is just a car, it'll be sold by the time rust really matters
It's just a Civic, not a Porsche GT3

There are people that drive GTRs in the winter, and that's 3x more than a CTR. Everyone is different.

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Just to be clear, I'm not driving mine in the winter. Winter=AWD for me.

pie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 R32 GTR, 2010 WRX STi, 2002 EP3 SiR
There are both sides to this, and neither are right or wrong.

Storing CTR in the winter:
Keeps resale value
Keeps car clean
Don't have to pay for a set of winter wheels
AWD will be better than CTR under major snow storms

Driving CTR in the winter:
Don't have to buy a second car, insurance, etc
Hurts resale value
Car is just a car, it'll be sold by the time rust really matters
It's just a Civic, not a Porsche GT3

There are people that drive GTRs in the winter, and that's 3x more than a CTR. Everyone is different.
Space too. Having the choice not to winter drive it would be nice, but I'm not selling any of my other cars to make space/time for a winter beater. Hell no. It's impossible for my current living situation, and I have enough problems finding homes for the other cars. The CTR is going to be a daily, as it's the only car I'm willing to buy that reaches the wife's expectations (newer, safe, lots of space, 4+dr). I'll have to sacrifice long term condition for being able to have like the sweetest daily ever. In my mind I'll never sell this car, we'll see how long it survives tho lol.

MrPink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
my situation is the same as PIE... we don't have space at our home for a 3rd car... storing it means more money... 45ish is probably the most i'll pay for a car.. I had an STi previous and a WRX and nothing beats that in the winter, i just wanted a Type R since i was 17... I drove an Integra Type R for a couple years, and 1999 SiR (classic), a 2008 Si, and now a 2015 Si.. in between the Si's i had a STi and a WRX... brand new I could not pump in any more money for a monthly payment.. i'm barely convincing my wife to spend this much on a car... she got a brand new Pacifica 2017 with panoramic sun roof and all the bells and whistle.. that thing was $$$$$$$$$$$$... so now it's my turn and in terms of car budget the CTR is probably the fastest and best i can get..

i own a side business so I can write off most of my payments, which means i'll probably lease it, cars are liabilities and if taken care of u can drive it in any condition and maintain performance as well as resale.. plus after 4 years i'll probably jump into an STi or the next CTR, which might be AWD (haha).

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
Space too. Having the choice not to winter drive it would be nice, but I'm not selling any of my other cars to make space/time for a winter beater. Hell no. It's impossible for my current living situation, and I have enough problems finding homes for the other cars. The CTR is going to be a daily, as it's the only car I'm willing to buy that reaches the wife's expectations (newer, safe, lots of space, 4+dr). I'll have to sacrifice long term condition for being able to have like the sweetest daily ever. In my mind I'll never sell this car, we'll see how long it survives tho lol.
Not sure if the Canadian Version of the CTR is different, but it's a 2+2 not a 5 seater...

Not sure how big of an impact that has on your wife's demands I just want to save you the heartbreak of going to the dealership buying it and driving home to strap in the 4th passenger and being like wtf...

Reactions: pie

MrPink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Not sure if the Canadian Version of the CTR is different, but it's a 2+2 not a 5 seater...

Not sure how big of an impact that has on your wife's demands I just want to save you the heartbreak of going to the dealership buying it and driving home to strap in the 4th passenger and being like wtf...
just as long as it can strap in 2 car seats in the back am good ; >

pie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 R32 GTR, 2010 WRX STi, 2002 EP3 SiR

2+2 has 4 seats, does it not? Man that would be insane if it didn't but from what I remember seeing, there's 2 seatbelts in the rear. The baby seat capability is also required, but I cant imagine it would be impossible.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Any idea where this photo was taken from?
Honda Civic 10th gen [Canadians] Who put a deposit down for Type-R? {filename}

Cordoned off, together with an NSX.

Heard it's from somewhere in Ontario...
Where did you get this pic, kinda looks like the Rodgers Center or something.. I'm going to the GTA tomorrow, would be killer if I could sneak a peek.
Sponsored