[Canadians] Who put a deposit down for Type-R?

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
The GM at the dealership I am working with will not accept a deposit until he has a firm price and more details. He put me first on the dealer list though a while back and he is still standing by that :)
This is how it should work! Wow 3 of us getting treated right and everyone else has had to put money down..
Sponsored

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
So three of us in Ottawa-Gatineau in line for Type R's - Cedric44, metal-driver, and myself?

I guess that there is a slim chance that we'll get the cars before the MCO AutoX Open House at Canadian Tire Carling (date not yet announced, but usually 2nd week of May) - but hopefully the cars will be here by mid-June when the Kyle Nash Races at Calabogie run. Last year I brought an Energy Green coupe from Dow Honda to both events; hopefully this year it'll be a Type R ...

To stay on topic - no deposit; 'my' car on back-order.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Put mine almost 2 month ago. My rep told me that im the 1st in my region ottawa/gatineau :) and i have 90% to have my 1st color (blue) ! Cant wait!!
How will he get in ahead of all of the other Honda dealers in the region and order your car?

Out of curiousity how much of a deposit did you pay?
I got lucky too, we had to keep our mouths shut :fear:

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
:) Sounds like there are more than a few of us on here from Ontario with our names on the list from 'The Sault', TO, and Ottawa/Gatineau area. Good to see :thumbsup:

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
So three of us in Ottawa-Gatineau in line for Type R's - Cedric44, metal-driver, and myself?

I guess that there is a slim chance that we'll get the cars before the MCO AutoX Open House at Canadian Tire Carling (date not yet announced, but usually 2nd week of May) - but hopefully the cars will be here by mid-June when the Kyle Nash Races at Calabogie run. Last year I brought an Energy Green coupe from Dow Honda to both events; hopefully this year it'll be a Type R ...

To stay on topic - no deposit; 'my' car on back-order.
Definitely planning on making it to the Calabogie track once in a while once I get it properly broke in. Nice list of Porsches you have there by the way. :cool:

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Definitely planning on making it to the Calabogie track once in a while once I get it properly broke in. Nice list of Porsches you have there by the way. :cool:
Thanks. Unfortunately, none of them are in running condition at the moment, but hopefully this year :rolleyes:.

BTW, at the end of last year, Calabogie picked up a GT500 from Multimatic - a 2007 or 2008. It was a safety car for a race series and had some unique options. Pulled nicely :cool:.

JDhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CTR #2043, 03 S2000, 05 Element, 69 Charger

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
any idea if the car may make rounds around the country at big car shows? i know there is a big high performance show called speed sport every year in moncton, NB in mid-late april that i would gladly make the 5 hour drive to and take a ton of photo's.
No, Honda hates releasing any info more than a few days in advance it seems. Just watch Twitter for those sort of updates. Made a little progress with them today as well and came to the conclusion that we WILL get the same aluminum shift knob. And they still won't tell me anything about lanewatch or the visors.. :banghead:

Honda Civic 10th gen [Canadians] Who put a deposit down for Type-R? IMG_0592.PNG

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Last edited:

MrPink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
So i put down 2 deposits of $500 each at two dealerships just outside of Toronto.. I am #1 at one, and #2 at the other.. I have called like 10 dealerships in the GTA and they gave me various information.. some say they will get the car in NOV.. usually smaller dealerships said this.. and it seems like NOV will be the time when peolpe can try and order them (i.e. specifics) the bigger ones say the same thing "we have 1 or 2 allocated to us, but we do not know the colours. But we should get them late summer (july).

So with that info we will see.. I put my deposit at two fairly larger dealerships and going to forget it until may/june, cause pricing etc should be available a month before release.

It also says on Honda.ca that there is only on trim level.. so i am confused as what the car will look like... will it have CF accents? or not? or will be a package upgrade? etc...

put my colours as White, Blue, Polished metal

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
So i put down 2 deposits of $500 each at two dealerships just outside of Toronto.. I am #1 at one, and #2 at the other.. I have called like 10 dealerships in the GTA and they gave me various information.. some say they will get the car in NOV.. usually smaller dealerships said this.. and it seems like NOV will be the time when peolpe can try and order them (i.e. specifics) the bigger ones say the same thing "we have 1 or 2 allocated to us, but we do not know the colours. But we should get them late summer (july).

So with that info we will see.. I put my deposit at two fairly larger dealerships and going to forget it until may/june, cause pricing etc should be available a month before release.

It also says on Honda.ca that there is only on trim level.. so i am confused as what the car will look like... will it have CF accents? or not? or will be a package upgrade? etc...

put my colours as White, Blue, Polished metal
We heard yesterday that there will be wheel options and some other "dealer installed" options. Other than that, we can now say that it will come with the carbon "looking" trim which I am okay with. The only colour you will see here initially is white then black.

MrPink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
We heard yesterday that there will be wheel options and some other "dealer installed" options. Other than that, we can now say that it will come with the carbon "looking" trim which I am okay with. The only colour you will see here initially is white then black.
i'm ok with white haha the more the white the better chances i can get it... i guess i'm ok with the CF look, but if it's real CF i dunno... i need this to be my DD so winter is going to be a pain in the ass if it's real CF.. .
don't need any more options... if the wheels look like they do in the released pics i'm ok.. the red badding i'm sure you'll be able to change if it doesn't come red already...

if the car is available closer to winter i would like some Weather techs.. crappy thing about buying a newer car is the lack of used parts like weather techs haha.. got a set for my 2015 Si for $120..