Canadians, how much did you pay for Honda Plus

QcTouringGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
I am considering buying an Honda Plus plan when I go back to the dealer to sign the final finance paperwork later this week. I am considering either the 6/100k or the 7/130k plans which are listed at 1088$ and 1488$ plus tax respectively.

How much room does the dealer usually have on those prices? How much did YOU pay for the extended warranty? Is it better to try to negotiate the price down before taking delivery of the vehicle or would I have a better chance of getting a deal if I come back at a later date within 30 days of purchase? So many questions!
Sponsored

Jay Jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2016
Im not sure but i think you have until the manufacturer warranty 60,000km to buy the honda plus.

OP
OP

QcTouringGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
Im not sure but i think you have until the manufacturer warranty 60,000km to buy the honda plus.
You have 60 days to buy it at the prices listed in the brochure. After 60 days it says that the prices will be higher, probably because they will make you pay for a full inspection of the car.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can purchase a Honda Plus package anytime within the original factory warranty period. I buy mine about 3 months prior to the expiration. Why buy it early? Maybe you won't want to keep the car eg. major accident. No rush to give the dealer your money.

My experience has been the pricing doesn't go up. Sales tactic! They never inspected my car. Why would they, it's still under their warrenty.

pubb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
several
Consumer Reports data indicates that Honda/Toyota/Subaru are the WORST values in extended warranties because the cars are so reliable.

The "business managers" you deal with are experienced salespeople who, instead of making commission on cars, make their commissions by selling you rustproofing and extended warranties. It is an incredibly lucrative position for the salesperson.

If you are seeking piece of mind, take the $1100/$1500 + HST you would have spent on Honda Plus and throw it in a high interest savings account. If you need to replace something significant on the car, you've got the cash sitting there. Once the years or km are up, buy yourself something nice. Or use it towards the down payment of your next vehicle.

P

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Remember, dealer cost on extended warranty is actually 0 until you actually excersize the warranty for a repair. Trust me, that repair after the initial bumper to bumper isnt worth dick compared to your money now.

Dan198

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335 xDrive, 2010 Audi Q5, 2014 Porsche Boxster S, 2016 Civic EX
Country flag
I am considering buying an Honda Plus plan when I go back to the dealer to sign the final finance paperwork later this week. I am considering either the 6/100k or the 7/130k plans which are listed at 1088$ and 1488$ plus tax respectively.

How much room does the dealer usually have on those prices? How much did YOU pay for the extended warranty? Is it better to try to negotiate the price down before taking delivery of the vehicle or would I have a better chance of getting a deal if I come back at a later date within 30 days of purchase? So many questions!
The sales manager said he would give it to me with a 10% discount. I said I'd consider it if it was 50% off. Lol.

My friend negotiated for it at the time he agreed the price on his purchase. I think he got a much better discount than 10% off.
Sponsored