[Canadian] Type R Information Updates

dephcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic Sedan LX-G, 2017 Civic Hatch Sport Sensing (pending)
Call around. There are cars sitting in dealerships all throughout Eastern Canada.
After the initial "i don't wanna wait!!!!" settled, i placed my deposit and I'm happy to wait. I'd really like the new headunit and if there's the possibility of new colors and minor tweaks, I'd rather wait.

Already 5th in line lol.
Sponsored

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Just a heads-up - the Type R press cars are showing up at dealers. I'm not saying press cars are good or bad, but potential buyers should know what they're buying - which isn't a requirement in Ontario AFAIK. To help potentially-unaware buyers, this is what I know so far; please add/correct.

Press car
Licence
Plate Colour R#/Notes
CCCF980 - CBP - R28 - used on-track @ Mont-Tremblant press intro, sold at a B.C. dealer; advertised as press car.
CCCF984 - CBP - Possibly R26 - used @ Mont-Tremblant, Brian Makse video
CCCF985 - CW - R# unknown - used @ Mont-Tremblant, used @ Calabogie in
driving.ca video, Jim Kenzie Toronto Star review
CCCF986 - CW - R# unknown - used @ Mont-Tremblant
CCCF987 - CW - R24 - appears in static pictures.
CCCF989 - CW - R22 - used @ Mont-Tremblant by Straight Pipes (Yuri Tereshyn
and Jakub W) and by Straight Pipes and driving.ca on road tests.
Currently for sale at a dealer just east of Toronto.
Plate? - CW - Possibly R23 / CCCF985 or CCCF986 - used @ Cayuga in Autoguide
shootout

Last edited:

Vince126

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 CW Type R, Volt, Lancer Evolution IX (sold)
Country flag
Theres `18 CBP sitting at the local dealership since December here in Nova Scotia if anyone wants to make trip, i can get you in touch the sales peeps.

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
I get regular updates from my dealer and they expect I should be getting one by summer (red or white) as they are getting about one a month. I'm probably going to pass on it as I would rather get a 2019 with all the updates than one of the last of the 2018's.

Apex Carver

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITR 01-1294, 07 Elise, 15 Fiesta ST, Formerly CTR
Country flag
I get regular updates from my dealer and they expect I should be getting one by summer (red or white) as they are getting about one a month. I'm probably going to pass on it as I would rather get a 2019 with all the updates than one of the last of the 2018's.
Which dealer is this? Feel free to PM if you like... i've had a deposit with my dealer since August but it's been all quiet allocation wise.

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
I can't believe how quiet its been for 2018 allocations.. I know its still winter but you can just about hear the crickets chirping ....

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
Just attended the Canadian Autoshow in Toronto a couple of days ago. They have a 2018 White CTR on display. It was locked up because someone broke a latch a day or two prior.. Anyway, I spoke to one of the Honda reps about Red and he says they won't start showing up in Canada until late spring/early summer. The wait continues.. :confused:

RCX

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R | Sentra SER | GMC Terrain.
Country flag
Just attended the Canadian Autoshow in Toronto a couple of days ago. They have a 2018 White CTR on display. It was locked up because someone broke a latch a day or two prior.. Anyway, I spoke to one of the Honda reps about Red and he says they won't start showing up in Canada until late spring/early summer. The wait continues.. :confused:
Not sure if this specific info has been posted but when I bought mine I was told by sales manager that dealers who received 2 2017s would receive 5 2018s, one per month starting in March. Did not ask about colors.