[Canadian] Type R Information Updates

JDhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CTR #2043, 03 S2000, 05 Element, 69 Charger
Its going to likely be 4.99%, but won't know until the release date.

Each dealership will get 1 in July and another in September. Next allocation will be December and a 2018 model year. December onward will be at one a month for 6 months for the largest dealers. Small dealers will not see any 2018's medium dealers 2 or 3.
Just wondered if you might know if the dealerships have a sense of what colors they are allotted yet, or is it still a guessing game at this point?
thanks for all your awesome updates!
Sponsored

Aaronz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Honda
Just wondered if you might know if the dealerships have a sense of what colors they are allotted yet, or is it still a guessing game at this point?
thanks for all your awesome updates!
It's a guessing game unfortunately. Always like that with the launch of any new car. We get one or two to start, and its a random car. Thankfully only 2 colors so it's not difficult either way.

OP
OP
Bramrock

Bramrock

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic LX NBP, (Preordered) 2017 Civic Type R CW
I don't get how everyone gets allotment info out of the dealers, every single one I call knows nothing, I'm going start to request to speak to managers off the jump

Vteclover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 civic si
Country flag
It's a guessing game unfortunately. Always like that with the launch of any new car. We get one or two to start, and its a random car. Thankfully only 2 colors so it's not difficult either way.
Thank you for the great information, but just curious how many vehicle for MY 2017 that for Canada only, because one dealership told me was 900 was planning to make for Canada for MY 2017

OP
OP
Bramrock

Bramrock

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RIP the dream boys. No release CTR for this guy unless one doesn't get sold somewhere. All this hype just to get shit on lol fml

OP
OP
Bramrock

Bramrock

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
what deposit # are u? 2nd?
3 or 4, I was under the impression they'd get a chunk of them to start to meet the orders then 1 or 2 for deliveries after

Worst part is I was first to inquire but I didn't put my deposit down cause I thought I had more time

Ctrnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai veracruz, 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
3 or 4, I was under the impression they'd get a chunk of them to start to meet the orders then 1 or 2 for deliveries after

Worst part is I was first to inquire but I didn't put my deposit down cause I thought I had more time

I have a feeling I am in the same boat as you...

OP
OP
Bramrock

Bramrock

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a feeling I am in the same boat as you...
Maybe if we cry hard enough they'll sell us two discreetly.

It's quite bothersome that dealers wouldn't cut off the preorders after 3 people if this is the kind of outcome we'd get. 1 unit for 2 months that's weak

Ctrnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

It's quite bothersome that dealers wouldn't cut off the preorders after 3 people if this is the kind of outcome we'd get. 1 unit for 2 months that's weak
I will try anything at this point. I should have done my deposit ages ago

Aaronz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Honda
when can people go in and sign the papers... i'm assuming the week of july 10th?
Most who want the car have already come in and signed papers. If you wait until the release, either there will be none left or you will be waiting until mid 2018. We just take a $500 deposit and it is fully refundable if you decide not to go with it. We have 7 deposits left and some people won't get approved for the loan and others may decide not to go with it. I suggest getting yourself on a list sooner than later.

The reason we take more deposits than we have ordered is (at least at my dealership) the hold is a spot in line, not a commitment to buy. The customer still has to like what they see, they still have to be able to afford the payments, they still have to be approved for the lease or finance and they have the right to back out of line at any time and get their deposit back. One of the first customers in line backed out because they didn't want black or white. Of course we are not going to take 20 deposits on a car we are getting 8 of, but surely 12 is a fair number and we only ask for $500, so not like we are trying to grab and hold cash!

There are so many variables to consider, so don't get upset until you are firmly told you won't get the car for a long time, cause in the end you could be first in line.

Ctrnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Most who want the car have already come in and signed papers. If you wait until the release, either there will be none left or you will be waiting until mid 2018. We just take a $500 deposit and it is fully refundable if you decide not to go with it. We have 7 deposits left and some people won't get approved for the loan and others may decide not to go with it. I suggest getting yourself on a list sooner than later.

The reason we take more deposits than we have ordered is (at least at my dealership) the hold is a spot in line, not a commitment to buy. The customer still has to like what they see, they still have to be able to afford the payments, they still have to be approved for the lease or finance and they have the right to back out of line at any time and get their deposit back. One of the first customers in line backed out because they didn't want black or white. Of course we are not going to take 20 deposits on a car we are getting 8 of, but surely 12 is a fair number and we only ask for $500, so not like we are trying to grab and hold cash!

There are so many variables to consider, so don't get upset until you are firmly told you won't get the car for a long time, cause in the end you could be first in line.
Hahaha at least I have a chance then. My deal is easy and straight forward 2k down and paying cash up front no finance for me. I haven't signed any purchase agreement though I am hoping to do the on or around the 10th, depending on how things go.

Psy-q

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BRZ Spor-tech manual.
when can people go in and sign the papers... i'm assuming the week of july 10th?
Yes, July 10th we are getting our internal stuff for lease, finance and cash.

MY2018 will be here in March

MrPink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
you misunderstood me ; > i meant sign agreement and everything is a done deal (financing etc.). I Already have a deposit and i am #1 and #2 at two separate dealerships

Aaronz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Honda
you misunderstood me ; > i meant sign agreement and everything is a done deal (financing etc.). I Already have a deposit and i am #1 and #2 at two separate dealerships
That depends on when Honda allows us to start inputting approvals. Rates, etc come out on June 10th, but sometimes Honda Finance does not open it online for approvals until the release date.
Sponsored