[Canadian] Type R Information Updates

Aaronz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Honda
any idea on lease rates? if any?
Its going to likely be 4.99%, but won't know until the release date.

Each dealership will get 1 in July and another in September. Next allocation will be December and a 2018 model year. December onward will be at one a month for 6 months for the largest dealers. Small dealers will not see any 2018's medium dealers 2 or 3.

CivicNut1109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Civic Si Coupe
Do you know how many people on waiting in line at those dealerships?

How did you like Murrary Honda by the way? First time dealing with them haha. When did you ask them about the CTR by the way?
I believe Maple Ridge has 5 and last I checked abbotsford had 8.

Murray honda was pretty good to deal with, only bought the car there and never really went back for anything as I live in Maple Ridge. The only thing I wish I had of asked them to do was remove the stupid Murray decal they put on the truck. Its one of those fake aluminium ones and they put it right next to the civic badge. I first asked him back in March when I started calling around and they were clueless. Called them again in April and thats when I was told it was pre-sold and they didn't know if they were getting a 2nd.

Ctrnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai veracruz, 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
So let me get this right. All dealers are only getting one to start, and then all other allotments are coming in one at a time? month by month? so those dealers allotted 2-3 people not getting first shipments of the cars? My dealer was under the impression they were receiving their 3 car allotment in the next 1-3 weeks of initial release. If this is the case we will be receiving our cars at an even slower pace then it has been with the US launch.

Aaronz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Honda
So let me get this right. All dealers are only getting one to start, and then all other allotments are coming in one at a time? month by month? so those dealers allotted 2-3 people not getting first shipments of the cars? My dealer was under the impression they were receiving their 3 car allotment in the next 1-3 weeks of initial release. If this is the case we will be receiving our cars at an even slower pace then it has been with the US launch.
I had no idea myself. Just got the release information and forwarded it to our waiting customers letting them know we will be getting the largest allotment, but that the wait could be long.

Ctrnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I had no idea myself. Just got the release information and forwarded it to our waiting customers letting them know we will be getting the largest allotment, but that the wait could be long.
I just hope its Honda Canada trying to cya in case they have a hard time getting cars to dealerships. Let's give people the bad news and hopefully be able to over achieve how cars are delivered to dealerships. That it doesn't literally go into 2018 MY to do deliver first allotments to dealers because that's how it sounds.

OP
OP
Bramrock

Bramrock

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic LX NBP, (Preordered) 2017 Civic Type R CW
I'm trying to call around to other dealers in my area to see if their list is empty, I really don't wanna wait till September and December for cars #2 and 3 to show up.

You guys who are first on your lists are lucky

Psy-q

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BRZ Spor-tech manual.
Update from Honda Canada:

June 26th - MSRP released

July 10th - Original allocations

July 14th - Official On sale date.

Colors will be split 50/50 Black White.

Biggest dealers will get 4 MY2017 and 4 MY2018 (8 total Type Rs)

First allocations to be dropped off for the week of 10th of July. Then September, then October, 1 unit per month per dealer.

MY2018 release march 2018 with potential for more colors.

Our dealer is getting 4 type Rs. 2 MY2017 and 2 MY2018.

I was going to share the email with you guys but it is "private and confidential" so you have to take my word for it.

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
LOL two Type R's for the entire 2018. Two 2017's is plausible because we get them close to the end of the 2017 model run. I will take your word for it they told you that but I'm calling BS on the only getting two cars for 2018.

MrPink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Update from Honda Canada:

June 26th - MSRP released

July 10th - Original allocations

July 14th - Official On sale date.

Colors will be split 50/50 Black White.

Biggest dealers will get 4 MY2017 and 4 MY2018 (8 total Type Rs)

First allocations to be dropped off for the week of 10th of July. Then September, then October, 1 unit per month per dealer.

MY2018 release march 2018 with potential for more colors.

Our dealer is getting 4 type Rs. 2 MY2017 and 2 MY2018.

I was going to share the email with you guys but it is "private and confidential" so you have to take my word for it.
when can people go in and sign the papers... i'm assuming the week of july 10th?

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Country flag
My inbox. I am one of the managers at a Honda Dealership.
Hope you don't come to regret making that public, you are going to be flooded with questions and requests for tracking info, etc.....:D

Ctrnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This just makes me sad... I really thought this was going to be handled better. I'm #3 at my dealership and will be extremely disappointed if me car ends up being a 2018 model I get in February. .... after such an awesome news day, to this -_-

Crinkypops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
This just makes me sad... I really thought this was going to be handled better. I'm #3 at my dealership and will be extremely disappointed if me car ends up being a 2018 model I get in February. .... after such an awesome news day, to this -_-
I feel for you :( honestly, if I end up getting 2nd (I was told I was first, but still), I might just pickup a STi instead as it will be winter already when the R gets here.

Ctrnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I feel for you :( honestly, if I end up getting 2nd (I was told I was first, but still), I might just pickup a STi instead as it will be winter already when the R gets here.
My dealer was told they are getting 2 at first then a third car was added to their allotment to which we don't know colour yet. They said I could claim it as long as I am ok with getting either the black or white. I said absolutely and heir manager has been working with honda to get a 4th now and I have no idea how that is going to work out for them. So either they really knew a 3rd and possibly fourth car is coming or they took my deposit hoping they would get the 3rd car as part of the first wave. At this point I just have to wait and see if they even call me to update
Sponsored