Bramrock Senior Member

Commuter Train Operator
    First Name:
    Richard
    Car(s):
    2007 Honda Civic LX NBP, (Preordered) 2017 Civic Type R CW
    #1 Bramrock, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    Hey guys, I'm relatively new to the community, I'm one of the many who preordered the CTR in Canada. And I'm sure like myself you'd all like a place to look for specific informational updates on our incoming beasts.

So far all we know is that:

- The vehicle will likely have an MSRP of $42,485 CAD with an OTD price near 50k.
    - There are speculations that the car will be released near the 14th of July in line with the Honda Molson Indy event in Toronto. Honda Canada also foreshadowed this in their tweet featuring James Hinchcliffe driving a preproduction CTR in the Toronto streets
    - We know that many (maybe all) units were delivered between the Halifax and Toronto ports (East coast of Canada) with the first VIN'd/Window Stickered unit showing up in Vancouver (the west coast) so they've definitely been circulated

So far that's all we really know. Honda likes to either keep us in the dark or just doesn't care enough to inform us. I'm hopeful that like our US counterparts we have some people in the know that can provide dealer allotments and updates on vehicle locations and numbers and a concrete release date.

Anyway, hopefully this thread will gain some traction and us Canadians can be equally informed

IMG_2534.JPG

Cedric44 thanked this.
  2. pie

pie Senior Member

Car(s):
    1989 R32 GTR, 2010 WRX STi, 2002 EP3 SiR
    Not many of us but we're all equally impatient :)

3. js4square

js4square Member

Car(s):
    Civic lx 2016 MT
    Still waiting for MY 2018 ... I hope for a rally red colorway. But sure hope we will have more info soon for all of you that want a MY 2017

metal_driver thanked this.
  4. OP
    Bramrock

Bramrock Senior Member

Commuter Train Operator
    First Name:
    Richard
    Car(s):
    Based on a conversation I had with my sales rep the 2017's and 2018's will be the exact same. Just shipped at different times and more colour options for colour restricted countries

5. js4square

js4square Member

Car(s):
    Civic lx 2016 MT
    Exactly what I want ! The exact same car ... but in RED !! Could go with CW but I always wanted a red car since I sold my old 1996 civic si !

6. OP
    Bramrock

Bramrock Senior Member

Commuter Train Operator
    First Name:
    Richard
    Car(s):
    I'm in an odd spot myself. I initially wanted CW (though Red is my favourite colour [not usually on cars though]) then I saw it in red and fell in love and convinced myself to get a red one, then had my dreams crushed by being told were only getting Black or White. Now I'm convincing myself to settle for CW and wrap it in Red Chrome Matte at ReStyleIt Wraps since I really don't wanna wait any longer than I need to.

I'll attatch example shot from their page

IMG_2544.JPG

js4square and pdiizeru thanked this.
  7. DevonK

DevonK Senior Member

Car(s):
    TBD
    Canada's a conservative place when it comes to car colours, hopefully Honda will recognize that and bring us the PMM - Sonic Grey would be great but little chance of that.

8. metal_driver

metal_driver Senior Member

Pilot
    Car(s):
    2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R
    @Bramrock Sorry for the question, I'm not clear on the wording in the second sentence.. Was your sales rep able to confirm there will be other colours for MY18 (ie he got his info from a regional rep or higher), or is this just his speculation?

Personally, I've been waiting a long time for this car but I'm holding out for Red.

Do you have an estimate on a full wrap?

9. DevonK

DevonK Senior Member

Car(s):
    TBD
    Dear Honda Canada: skip red and blue, bring us PMM and Sonic Grey for 2018. TIA. :D

10. OP
    Bramrock

Bramrock Senior Member

Commuter Train Operator
    First Name:
    Richard
    Car(s):
    Hey dude, sorry if my post wasn't worded the best way, just at work while monitoring the forums.

But my rep said that the MY2018's will be the exact same in every way except there is a chance of increased colour options directly dependant on the reception of the 2017's in Canada. He got this info from someone higher up in the company and he seemed fairly confident in what he was saying, here's to hoping it's true. Also keep in mind this was before the CTR's even dropped in the states that I was given this info, things may/may have changed.

As for the wrap, I haven't been to the shop in years, and they've blown up since then, working on many high class, top dollar cars. If I were to assume I'd say $1,500-$2,500 for a CTR

metal_driver thanked this.
  11. metal_driver

metal_driver Senior Member

Pilot
    Car(s):
    2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R
    @Bramrock Thank you for the information. Much appreciated!

I sure hope Honda Canada brings in all the CTR colours. I'm sure I'm not the only one either. ;)

12. MrPink

MrPink Senior Member

Car(s):
    2017 Civic Type R
    so i met with two of my honda friends that work at honda... one has a fully modded accord so he's excited to see the CTR.. he said there is nothing in iN yet, but they have been told mid July (which we knew). Another friend is an engender at honda (not on the CTR project), but he said that he's been told they have all the inventory and it's in their systems, they are waiting to release it to iN. If you want to see one on display at head office in Markham, Ont you can head over, but he said they can move it out anytime.

JDhonda, Bramrock and metal_driver thanked this.
  13. OP
    Bramrock

Bramrock Senior Member

Commuter Train Operator
    First Name:
    Richard
    Car(s):
    Ehhh Markham is like 30 minutes from Pickering, not even, I'll go tomorrow!

14. MrPink

MrPink Senior Member

Car(s):
    2017 Civic Type R
    haha don't blame me if it's not there anymore ; > haha
    yah i drove by saturday when i went golfing... but i didn't go inside

15. js4square

js4square Member

Car(s):
    Civic lx 2016 MT
    Skip blue ... not bringing a Honda type R in Red is plain stupid...

Bramrock thanked this.