Canadian Pricing Negotiating

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
^That's $2,014.40 off MSRP, so it's not a bad deal, especially considering it's an SI.
Just pore over the details to include it's really the OTD price, and make sure they don't pull a bait/switch, although that's relatively rare here in BC.

If you like the car, I'd say to go for it.
Sponsored

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Any 2018 tourings bought lately? Ideally looking for 2016 used but depending on new price might be worth doing that. Thanks
Just as an FYI, if all goes to plan, OpenRoad VW will have a 2016 Touring Sedan on their lot within the next 2 weeks (mine haha). If you can wait a few weeks wait until it pops up, and I can give you details on the particular vehicle lol

yyyg

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX5
^That's $2,014.40 off MSRP, so it's not a bad deal, especially considering it's an SI.
Just pore over the details to include it's really the OTD price, and make sure they don't pull a bait/switch, although that's relatively rare here in BC.

Thanks! I will double check and make sure. By the way, what are you going to buy from VW?

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Thanks! I will double check and make sure. By the way, what are you going to buy from VW?
The new Tiguan :)

Life changes, need a bigger car, and the Tiguan was far nicer all around than the CR-V. Also, I personally think the new CR-V is hideous lol

5abi

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Just as an FYI, if all goes to plan, OpenRoad VW will have a 2016 Touring Sedan on their lot within the next 2 weeks (mine haha). If you can wait a few weeks wait until it pops up, and I can give you details on the particular vehicle lol
Why not sell it to me and you will get more money?? What color is it? Yes I can wait couple weeks

5abi

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Hi Guys, I am looking into getting a 2017 SI. I got a quote from a BC dealership at $32,000 OTD. What do you guys think? Is this a good deal to take? Thanks
How much more would the 2018 be? I assume not much. Also assime you are getting from Marvin Honda? They have lots left

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Why not sell it to me and you will get more money?? What color is it? Yes I can wait couple weeks
A couple reasons, it's still being financed so while I'm not upside down on it, the whole transfer of ownership will take a few more steps -- so I took the easy way out. That said, if you want to discuss more about the vehicle for potential private sale, PM me, I'm open to discussion.

It's Modern Steel Metallic. Also comes with extended warranty to 7 years / 160k km :)

5abi

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic

I am looking for same car tommorw. Was it Marv Jones Honda. Maybe we can get a better deal if we get two?

5abi

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Hi, I took delivery of my new Civic yesterday and thought I would share my purchasing experience to help others with their negotiations.

Province: BC
Trim: LX
Tranny: CVT (No Sensing)
Color: Modern Steel Metallic
Options: None
TOTAL OTD: $23,490

My purchasing strategy was that I calculated a reasonable price, based on the Unhaggle invoice price of $19,345. I added 3%, $1720 in fees as per the Honda website, 12% tax, and then subtracted the $750 finance rebate. With a $3k down payment, on an 84 month finance term, my payments are ~$261. I emailed a few dealers in the area, saying that I was ready to purchase immediately if they accepted the price. The first 2 to respond didn't take the offer very seriously, and tried to convince me to come in. The third (and thankfully the closest to me) accepted the offer, and I picked it up the next day.

My initial impressions are that I am *very* impressed. There is nothing short of a couple of minor aesthetic things that I do not like about the car. There is a lot that I *really* like about, and I've found a couple of nice surprises since bringing it home.

That all being said, how did I do on the price? I'm definitely happy with what I paid, but curious to see how others did.
Hmmm using this method the 2017 si should be $30500 all in. Are you in bc? What dealers accepted?

goodboy9394

First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th Gen Civic
Hi Guys, I am looking into getting a 2017 SI. I got a quote from a BC dealership at $32,000 OTD. What do you guys think? Is this a good deal to take? Thanks
For these so-called OTD pricing, can it be done with financing? Or does it always have to be a cash deal?
In fact, does cash deals make a difference nowadays?

Also, I am seeing quite a bit of 17' SI inventory in the GVRD area on autotrader.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
For these so-called OTD pricing, can it be done with financing? Or does it always have to be a cash deal?
In fact, does cash deals make a difference nowadays?

Also, I am seeing quite a bit of 17' SI inventory in the GVRD area on autotrader.
"OTD" is a stupid term, and generally is misleading, because each sale/case is so different than another.

Examples:
Different provinces have different tax rates
If you finance, are you including your total interest payments in the "OTD"?
If you trade-in, you only pay tax on the difference between new car and trade in - this also skews "OTD" numbers.
Different dealerships have different bullshit fees.

Cash deals get factory incentives, but dealers will give bigger discounts on financing because the finance office also gets commission. If you want to get a good deal and don't mind fucking the finance guy, finance it to get a better discount, then pay the loan off immediately after you drive off.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I went yesterday at a Honda dealer great Montreal area to have a price for a 2018 Civic LX, mt and with no accessories.

Best price for a cash buy ; $24,000 cnd
I have to sell a old Toyota first

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
I went yesterday at a Honda dealer great Montreal area to have a price for a 2018 Civic LX, mt and with no accessories.

Does that include tax?

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Yesterday I just bough a new 2018 Civic LX mt.
Total amount paid cash ; $23,800 CND

I will pickup the car once my old Toyota will be sold by myself. Dealer too cheap.
Sponsored