Canadian 2018 Hatchback Sport Touring Request

Debbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback ST
Country flag
Can someone with a 2018 Canadian Hatchback Sport Touring (auto transmission) who plays music from a USB flash drive inserted in the USB port between the console and the firewall help me out? Are you able to adjust your bass, treble, mid, etc, while driving? My car locks me out of it and getting into the service menu on the head unit doesn't help because it has no option for turning off "driver distraction mode".

If the Canadian unit doesn't lock you out, maybe I'll buy a Canadian head unit and just swap them out.
Sponsored

OceansX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport touring
Country flag
Can someone with a 2018 Canadian Hatchback Sport Touring (auto transmission) who plays music from a USB flash drive inserted in the USB port between the console and the firewall help me out? Are you able to adjust your bass, treble, mid, etc, while driving? My car locks me out of it and getting into the service menu on the head unit doesn't help because it has no option for turning off "driver distraction mode".

If the Canadian unit doesn't lock you out, maybe I'll buy a Canadian head unit and just swap them out.

I have a 2017 HB sport touring CVT, and I'm able to adjust those settings while driving. Not sure if its a Canadian thing or the year

OP
OP

Debbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback ST
Country flag
I found a work around. The problem with my US 2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring is that I need to actually use the '+' and '-' keys to adjust the bass, treble, midrange, etc. Trying to click on the slider brings up the error message that I cannot do that unless the car is stopped. Dumb!
Sponsored