Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Thank You! I absolutely loved that caR, and just how special it felt. Would get plenty thumbs up from those that knew what it was. The Si is an awesome little Go Kart too! Here are some more pictures :)
Freaking awesome - I'm sure those seats were amazing. I remember when those came out back in 2004, I was 12, and thought it was the coolest thing on earth. Growing up my parents had a '95 Saab 9000 Aero so I've always had a thing for sporty Swedish cars.
Sponsored

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Freaking awesome - I'm sure those seats were amazing. I remember when those came out back in 2004, I was 12, and thought it was the coolest thing on earth. Growing up my parents had a '95 Saab 9000 Aero so I've always had a thing for sporty Swedish cars.
The seats are still the comfiest I've sat in, and that's comparing S Class' in there too. Natural Leather, mine was the Dark Blue aka Nordkap. The Atacama Orange interiors are even more special/rare, and feel so plush. Maybe I'll get into one again in the future :)

Saab's are sweet, and even more of a sleeper brand than Volvo! I've always admire the Viggens :)

black18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Making me miss my R(s).. Started with an '02 S60 at 16, bought a beat up silver/gobi '05 at 18 that I fixed myself (PCV, suspension refresh, etc) and slightly modded. Had that for a year, found a lower milage magic blue/nordkap and sold my brother the silver one, proceeded to do the full stage 0 followed by elevate dp/exhaust with a viva hybrid turbo and hilton stage 2, team dynamics pro race 18's, kw v2's etc.. It lasted until my senior spring semester. Angle gear was weeping and blew a week before I had it scheduled to be resealed, and the block had a cracked sleeve even though I shimmed it. So the car's now sitting at my parents' house until I figure out what to do with it/ get a house with my fiancé and have more room. Which led me to buy my civic and the last 8 wonderful months of ownership Thanks for the nostalgia trip man. Love your build so far.

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread FA5B3C94-F2AE-4050-BDD6-C58AFAA0D408

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread 9FF6605C-6313-4809-BA1C-1D2BF3B591AF

delfonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
I love the H&R Springs! Didn't feel much of a ride difference in harshness compared to stock, while dropping the height perfectly - 1.25" front, 1" rear. I only had rubbing on the Passenger front side when when hitting a bump/dip because my Konig Ampliform (now sold, new wheel + tire setup pending) were 18x8.5 +35, poking out more 20mm compared to OE setup. I kept the Factory All-Seasons 235/40R18 on those. However, there's a tab behind the side marker that if you bend upwards will drastically reduce the rub on bumps, which is what and many others have done. First winter with the car lowered, and I haven't noticed any drawbacks yet.

Here's an illustration to show the OE (orange) vs. Konig (green).

OE vs. Kong Ampliform.JPG

I sold my 17" RPF1's (no rub) as well because they looked a bit weak, and were too Gold for my taste - 17x8, +45, 245/40R17. New set will be 17", between 8.5-9" wide, and likely in Silver. I am trying to stick to +40 offset, with a 245 or 255 tire, so I can do more AutoX and HPDE events without worrying about rubbing

Thanks so much for he reply. So basically you’re saying 18x8 40+ offset would be good with the H&R springs? Which model springs did you get.

My ‘16 Touring came with 17” OEM wheels before they made the jump to 18”s. And I find that they’re really comfy just don’t like too much tire. I’d likely get silver wheels as well.

I wanna see your car in person maybe I’ll spot you around. Also really digging the side markers. Hopefully there’s a second batch of orders I can jump on.

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Making me miss my R(s).. Started with an '02 S60 at 16, bought a beat up silver/gobi '05 at 18 that I fixed myself (PCV, suspension refresh, etc) and slightly modded. Had that for a year, found a lower milage magic blue/nordkap and sold my brother the silver one, proceeded to do the full stage 0 followed by elevate dp/exhaust with a viva hybrid turbo and hilton stage 2, team dynamics pro race 18's, kw v2's etc.. It lasted until my senior spring semester. Angle gear was weeping and blew a week before I had it scheduled to be resealed, and the block had a cracked sleeve even though I shimmed it. So the car's now sitting at my parents' house until I figure out what to do with it/ get a house with my fiancé and have more room. Which led me to buy my civic and the last 8 wonderful months of ownership Thanks for the nostalgia trip man. Love your build so far.

FA5B3C94-F2AE-4050-BDD6-C58AFAA0D408.jpeg

9FF6605C-6313-4809-BA1C-1D2BF3B591AF.jpeg
Another R owner!! Nice to see you on here :)

I spent plenty time on SS as volvosRus, you can look me up on there. With a built like that, I'm sure your familiar with who I worked with or even who I am. Humza @ EuroSport Tuning may ring a bell! I sold the Volvo to pay for university fees and what not, I so wish I didn't have to sell it! I would've kept on building and improving. It was definitely a needy car though, so I will say that I have enjoyed worry-free miles in the Si :)

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks so much for he reply. So basically you’re saying 18x8 40+ offset would be good with the H&R springs? Which model springs did you get.

My ‘16 Touring came with 17” OEM wheels before they made the jump to 18”s. And I find that they’re really comfy just don’t like too much tire. I’d likely get silver wheels as well.

I wanna see your car in person maybe I’ll spot you around. Also really digging the side markers. Hopefully there’s a second batch of orders I can jump on.
18x8 +40 would be a breeze! Here are the Springs: http://www.hrsprings.com/pr/detail/hr-sport-springs-for-the-new-honda-civic

In the Winter my car blends in with the Steelies, plus it's mostly parked during the week as I take TTC to work. In the Summer you'll see me at events and in and around West end mostly.

I may have a slot in for side markers if you are interested. Please PM via Instagram :)

black18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Another R owner!! Nice to see you on here :)

I spent plenty time on SS as volvosRus, you can look me up on there. With a built like that, I'm sure your familiar with who I worked with or even who I am. Humza @ EuroSport Tuning may ring a bell! I sold the Volvo to pay for university fees and what not, I so wish I didn't have to sell it! I would've kept on building and improving. It was definitely a needy car though, so I will say that I have enjoyed worry-free miles in the Si :)
Yup I remember both names! I knew I recognized those yellow calipers. Didn't spend a ton of time on the forums after I got her up and running. Hoping to get back to the caR within a year or so.. thinking I'll turn it into a track toy since it isn't my daily anymore. Good to see you!

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The factory all-season mats aren't good for any season so I ended up getting Tuxmats for the Front and Rear ~ $225 CAD. It's a local Canadian company that laser scans all the car models and designs them here, but gets them manufactured in China for cost reasons. I got these first week of December, but held off my review to adequately test them. So far so good! They seem high quality, I haven't noticed my feet slipping, the mats moving around, or in any affecting my pedal input - Tuxmat does warn about using them on a manual transmission but I haven't had any issues. There was also a pack of clips that were included but I didn't use them. I did use the velcro pads that secure them tighter on the Driver's side.

I love how the mats cover every surface where grime and salt can collect. I will be cleaning them this weekend, and upon talking to my friend who CeramicPro'd my car, I can also get the coating applied on the mats for even easier wipe down. The same friend has an account with Tuxmat so I could refer local GTA folks to get 10% off through him :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG_20181201_141921

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG_20181201_141817

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG_20181201_133038

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG_20181201_133003

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG_20181201_141833

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG_20181202_155751

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After running my Hydrocarbon-Leather Steering Wheel for 14 months, and putting on 20,000 km (12,000 miles), I decided to swap it over with the All-Leather one that I've always been curious about. Being that I retail these, it was as easy as just reaching into a box and pulling out the Leather one :cool:

Install is a breeze, put the airbag and control buttons back on, and enjoying the new feel and look. I will say that this flows better with the dash, and overall a classier look making it an OEM+ upgrade vs. the Hydrocarbon-Leather version which definitely looks aftermarket. They are both the same otherwise.

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG_20190118_213922

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG_20190119_092107

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG_20190119_091910

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG_20190119_105649

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG_20190119_105613

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG_20190119_110222

Out of my own curiosity, I weighed both wheels + OEM Si wheel. The Si wheel is just about 1200grams, and either upgrade is 1900grams. The weight is comprised of thicker ,high quality material that doesn't scratch or fade like the Si wheel does, and feels just right in the hands. I measured three key areas where people hold the wheel mostly, as shown below.

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread Screenshot_20190122_131320

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow that all-leather one looks super premium, as if it's from a car 5x the price of an Si! It's beautifully done.
Thanks! Yeah, totally feels like a premium piece. Can't look back at the OEM piece after this one.

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got the Bayson R Lip! May be the first Canadian to have it but not surprised because the cost adds up to get it here.

Here's my cost breakdown:

Lip: $114.99 USD x 10% discount code = $103.50 USD = $146 CAD

Shipping to https://www.crossborderpickups.caBuffalo, NY location = Free

Fees added in CAD by Cross Border Pickups to get it to their Mississauga location. Paid at pick-up:
Total Duties: 9.282
Total Taxes: 18.44
Order Fee: 10 + HST

Total Cost = $185 CAD. Will be wrapped so that may add another $100 CAD in cost. Paint would cost $200 CAD.

First impressions: well packaged, finish looks good, and designed with proper thought. I'll install this sometime in Spring. Don't want arandom block of ice on the road taking it out!

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG-20190126-WA0058

DallasCRX

First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 Honda GL1100 GoldWing Interstate, 1986 Honda CRX Si, 2009 Honda CRF250X, 2009 Aprilia Shiver, 2010 Nissan Frontier, 2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread