Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice! Where did you get them from?
I got them to test from the vendor I purchased several CivicX Carbon Steering Wheels. These are for me to test, and give feedback :)

delfonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
Dangggggg. This thread just ignited the fire to upgrade or lightly mod my own Aegean Blue Civic Touring.

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dangggggg. This thread just ignited the fire to upgrade or lightly mod my own Aegean Blue Civic Touring.
Thanks! I thought I was going to leave mine "Stock" LOL.

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Rocking winter stance! 215/50R17 Sailun Ice Blazer on a 17" wheel. Not too sure about width and offset but it was plenty to clear wheels without spacers.

Steelies look hideous, but the objective is just trying to get through Canadian winters safely. This is my second season on these, and they've performed quite well! Quiet on the road, and the sidewall contributes to added comfort. Chose these after hearing from several friends that these are a great lower cost alternative to some of the established choices. Wheels are balanced but I do feel slight vibration around 120 kmh / 75 mph on the highway. Got the set mounted for $860 CAD last year from Superior Wheel and Performance, the 4300 Dufferin location.

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG_20190105_132827

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread IMG_20190105_132859

waterudoing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI HFP, 3V Mustang, G37xS
Country flag
I also have steelies. I can't stand seeing the surface rust on the hub

delfonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
Thanks! I thought I was going to leave mine "Stock" LOL.
I'm actually also from Ontario, Canada. East GTA to be precise.

How are the H&R springs going along? I'm itching to lower as well. and that seems like a good ride height. any rubbing? Have you gone through winter with that setup? I'm thinking of going 18x8 RPF1's, just don't know which size tires.

HexSosa1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I actually like the rugged look of steelies in the winter as mentioned earlier its about getting through it, the car isn't as shiny or clean but maybe its the fact that I have Modern Metallic Steel and like the blacked out look.

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love both your (old) Volvo and your Si. Those R's are so cool.
Thank You! I absolutely loved that caR, and just how special it felt. Would get plenty thumbs up from those that knew what it was. The Si is an awesome little Go Kart too! Here are some more pictures :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread Damn 2_zpsz9a4apru

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread DSC_0214_zpscc744hec

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread Front Driver_zpsrasevpz2

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm actually also from Ontario, Canada. East GTA to be precise.

How are the H&R springs going along? I'm itching to lower as well. and that seems like a good ride height. any rubbing? Have you gone through winter with that setup? I'm thinking of going 18x8 RPF1's, just don't know which size tires.
I love the H&R Springs! Didn't feel much of a ride difference in harshness compared to stock, while dropping the height perfectly - 1.25" front, 1" rear. I only had rubbing on the Passenger front side when when hitting a bump/dip because my Konig Ampliform (now sold, new wheel + tire setup pending) were 18x8.5 +35, poking out more 20mm compared to OE setup. I kept the Factory All-Seasons 235/40R18 on those. However, there's a tab behind the side marker that if you bend upwards will drastically reduce the rub on bumps, which is what and many others have done. First winter with the car lowered, and I haven't noticed any drawbacks yet.

Here's an illustration to show the OE (orange) vs. Konig (green).

Honda Civic 10th gen Canadiaegean Blue's Si Sedan Build Thread OE vs. Kong Ampliform.JPG

I sold my 17" RPF1's (no rub) as well because they looked a bit weak, and were too Gold for my taste - 17x8, +45, 245/40R17. New set will be 17", between 8.5-9" wide, and likely in Silver. I am trying to stick to +40 offset, with a 245 or 255 tire, so I can do more AutoX and HPDE events without worrying about rubbing

Last edited:
OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Fantastic build! Any link on the sidemarkers?
I am actually the person to inquire with about the side markers, but to respect the advertising rules on the site please reach out to me via my Instagram (link in signature)
Sponsored