Canada 2019 Sedans/Coupes are live. The 1.5T gone from all models but Touring and SI

Aurelleah

First Name
Aurelleah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX in Modern Steel
Country flag
https://www.honda.ca/buildyourhonda?returnUrl=true#/models

EX-T trim is removed. But for the 2019 refresh in Canada, the EX gains the EX-T's leather steering wheel, a price bump, 8-way power seat. Keeping in mind, the 2018 EX in Canada already had a lot of the stuff that was exclusive to the EX-T in USA, such as heated seats, dual climate control, etc.

Also a new trim, Sport, adds paddle shifters and aluminum pedals, center exhaust, deck lid spoiler, fog lights, 18" alumimum alloy wheels.

Seems like 2018 was the year to get the EX-T with the mix of Sport's spoiler/fogs with the now-touring's turbo if you wanted a turbo. I spoke to my honda salesperson and he said they outsell 2.0L Civics like 10 to 1 in favour of the 2.0L where I live. I think most Canadians aren't as privvy as americans to buy more powerful engines/cars, over more economic options or SUVs/Trucks.

Probably doesnt help that most of our cities seem to have lower speed limits than USA. (30mph/50km/h in most streets in town, 37mph/60km/h in main roads, 55mph/90km/h on the highway. At least in a medium-sized city in northern ontario)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Aurelleah

Aurelleah

First Name
Aurelleah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
coupe also now comes in only 3 trims, LX Sport and Touring. LX seems like juuuust below an EX Sedan in features, it's pretty close tho.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura Manual Transmission + Nav + Heated Leather
Country flag
You guys always get the good stuff. I mean even the SI's you get full LED headlights when we get the crappier halogens in the states. If the 2019 hatchback sport is better with more amenities with 1.5t I might have to drive all the way up there and bring one down! =(

redstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T, 2019 CR-V EX-L
Country flag
No Molten Lava color either for Canada. I have ABM but the ML color would have been an acceptable alternative to the color I got had it been available. It's really surprising how much different the trims are between the U.S. and Canada. I would definitely be interesting to see what goes into those decisions at Honda. Other than the Touring, all the trims are very different between the two countries equipment wise. Overall I like the interior changes but not really a fan of the changes to the front. Looks more upscale but less sporty.

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
... It's really surprising how much different the trims are between the U.S. and Canada. I would definitely be interesting to see what goes into those decisions at Honda. Other than the Touring, all the trims are very different between the two countries equipment wise. ...
Different trims and having/not having certain features makes grey market trade of new vehicles between the two countries difficult.

OP
OP
Aurelleah

Aurelleah

First Name
Aurelleah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You guys always get the good stuff. I mean even the SI's you get full LED headlights when we get the crappier halogens in the states. If the 2019 hatchback sport is better with more amenities with 1.5t I might have to drive all the way up there and bring one down! =(
Even our LX trim is better equipped than the base model in the USA. But we have a DX below the LX. The LX is a very respectable trim up here! Even gets the 8-speaker sound system, heated seats, and apparently new-to-2019 automatic highbeams, and more compared to the USA version

Ksmit129

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic ex-t
Makes sense, I am literally see 50 2.0lt Civics on the road for every 1 turbo

Giltibo

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Accord Coupe 5MT. '18 Civic Sport Touring 6MT (Both Red!)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1-The US-Spec Si is based on their LX trim (So is their Sport HB). Can-Spec is based on the now-gone EX-T, with some of the Touring goodies for the Si.
2-All Can-Spec Civics (Except the DX Sedan) have Heated Power Mirrors, Heated Front Seats, TFT instrumentation, the 7" infotainment system, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
3-Also all Can-Spec Civics have front mudflaps (Except the Sport/Sport Touring Hatch - because they comes standard with the aero skirts) and 4.5L Windshield Washer tanks (on the left side vs US on the right side)

redstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T, 2019 CR-V EX-L
Country flag
1-The US-Spec Si is based on their LX trim (So is their Sport HB). Can-Spec is based on the now-gone EX-T, with some of the Touring goodies for the Si.
2-All Can-Spec Civics (Except the DX Sedan) have Heated Power Mirrors, Heated Front Seats, TFT instrumentation, the 7" infotainment system, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
3-Also all Can-Spec Civics have front mudflaps (Except the Sport/Sport Touring Hatch - because they comes standard with the aero skirts) and 4.5L Windshield Washer tanks (on the left side vs US on the right side)

The U.S. Si is not based on the LX at all. It has all the same features as the EX-T (now just EX) except heated seats and the addition of the Touring sound system.

CIVicALIZED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda NC750X DCT motorcycle. 2016 Honda Civic EX-HS MSM
Country flag
one of the main reasons i got the 2.0 over anything else was because it was one of the few cars left that do not have that farging direct fuel injection.

OP
OP
Aurelleah

Aurelleah

First Name
Aurelleah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
one of the main reasons i got the 2.0 over anything else was because it was one of the few cars left that do not have that farging direct fuel injection.
I was a fan of the engine feel tbh, that and it was cheaper, at a time when I was already paying more than i was expecting/hoping for a vehicle (Ford dealership made a very aggressive offer that was very very cheap and Honda offered basically no discount aside from the normal 750 rebate)

Exterior styling is what made me go into the dealership, driving dynamics and overall feel is what made me buy it. I was considering the focus seriously when just talking numbers, but he convinced me to test drive. The drive was years better than the focus. Liked the alloy wheels and looks included in the EX trim and the rest is history lol
Sponsored