Can the drivers seat be safely lowered further than stock?

unholy79

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R, 2023 Indian Sport Chief
Country flag
At 6'1" tall I don't consider myself YUGE but I still tend to bump my head on the headliner when I hit small bumps in the car. I can avoid this by increasing the angle of the seat back tilt, but I like to sit a little more upright than this solution allows. I figure there's a lot of engineering involved in the proper seating position as far as the airbags and seatbelts are concerned... just the same though, has anyone lowered their drivers seat or found some other way to buy more clearance for their head?

Note - I have lowered the seat as far as it can go with the handle beside it, just FYI.
Sponsored

Temesvar

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Coupe Si
Country flag
I believe that could be done, theoretically! May lose the sliding ability or to rise the seat from that point.
A body shop can help you out. May not be so easy to get in and out either. Sometimes am glad am short...

TPA_CivicSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
At 6'1" tall I don't consider myself YUGE but I still tend to bump my head on the headliner when I hit small bumps in the car. I can avoid this by increasing the angle of the seat back tilt, but I like to sit a little more upright than this solution allows. I figure there's a lot of engineering involved in the proper seating position as far as the airbags and seatbelts are concerned... just the same though, has anyone lowered their drivers seat or found some other way to buy more clearance for their head?

Note - I have lowered the seat as far as it can go with the handle beside it, just FYI.

If it can be lowered, I doubt it would be much, but then again, you probably only need another inch or so of head room. As a 6'3" guy that for some inexplicable reason likes small cars, I've gotten used to titling the seat back... Good luck with it!

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
At 6'1" tall I don't consider myself YUGE but I still tend to bump my head on the headliner when I hit small bumps in the car.
You consider yourself YUGE....is that bigger or smaller than HUGE? HAHA!