Can KTuner calibrate the speedometer?

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
For guys playing with tire widths, heights, and thus circumferences, it would be cool to be able to adjust the speedometer (either on dash or on V2/head unit/laptop display/DROID device). At some point in the future, I could see people changing out their final drive maybe as well. Who knows...people at this level probably will prefer full stand-alone ECU.

First, is it possible to adjust the stock dash speedometer display?

Second (I know the answer to this...) is it possible to consider tire circumference or some other variable when calculating MPH that is displayed on the myriad of devices? Is that built in now, or not yet?

Thanks-
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I do not think this is a current feature, but it may be a good idea for the future.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
For guys playing with tire widths, heights, and thus circumferences, it would be cool to be able to adjust the speedometer (either on dash or on V2/head unit/laptop display/DROID device). At some point in the future, I could see people changing out their final drive maybe as well. Who knows...people at this level probably will prefer full stand-alone ECU.

First, is it possible to adjust the stock dash speedometer display?

Second (I know the answer to this...) is it possible to consider tire circumference or some other variable when calculating MPH that is displayed on the myriad of devices? Is that built in now, or not yet?

Thanks-
If we add speed correction to the software all of the devices will get the new calculated speed as well. :) All birds, one stone.

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If we add speed correction to the software all of the devices will get the new calculated speed as well. :) All birds, one stone.
Awesome sauce!
I don’t need it yet but I will later this year probably.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anything new on this? I asked because I have been looking around the internet to see if a device could be used to recalibrate my 2018 Honda Civic CVT's speedometer and perhaps the ECU as well. I have already installed smaller tires that have already changed my speedometer reading by 6.3%. Tire Size/Gear Ratio This has changed my gear ratio from 4.88 to 5.13.

I am now looking into changing my final drive ratio gear from my stock 4.88 one to a CRV's 5.64 final drive ratio. Being though I've already changed my gear ratio with my wheel/tire combination to 5.13, adding the 5.64 final drive ratio will take my final drive up to 6.02. I'm ok with this as far as drivability is concerned. My concern is with the ECU seeing my wheel speed being off by as much as 25%, triggering an ABS or some other check engine/transmission light. I do want to go forth with the final drive install but not without precaution first.

Is this a possible add on to Ktuner? I just read an older thread from another site that Hondata has this feature ---> Hondata Speed Calibration
I'm a diehard Ktuner user.

Honda Civic 10th gen Can KTuner calibrate the speedometer? speed-adj

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You can adjust the speed displayed on the KTuner display but as far as I can tell, we cannot adjust the speed displayed in the factory speedometer.

Reactions: Myx

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Anything new on this? I asked because I have been looking around the internet to see if a device could be used to recalibrate my 2018 Honda Civic CVT's speedometer and perhaps the ECU as well. I have already installed smaller tires that have already changed my speedometer reading by 6.3%. Tire Size/Gear Ratio This has changed my gear ratio from 4.88 to 5.13.

I am now looking into changing my final drive ratio gear from my stock 4.88 one to a CRV's 5.64 final drive ratio. Being though I've already changed my gear ratio with my wheel/tire combination to 5.13, adding the 5.64 final drive ratio will take my final drive up to 6.02. I'm ok with this as far as drivability is concerned. My concern is with the ECU seeing my wheel speed being off by as much as 25%, triggering an ABS or some other check engine/transmission light. I do want to go forth with the final drive install but not without precaution first.

Is this a possible add on to Ktuner? I just read an older thread from another site that Hondata has this feature ---> Hondata Speed Calibration
I'm a diehard Ktuner user.

speed-adj.png
Nothing for this currently.

That's for the 8th gen, not 10th gen.

Reactions: Myx

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

Hey J.R., random unrelated question - I asked you a while ago if ambient temperature can be read by the ECU/Ktuner. Did you ever figure out if that was possible?

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Hey J.R., random unrelated question - I asked you a while ago if ambient temperature can be read by the ECU/Ktuner. Did you ever figure out if that was possible?
I didn't specifically see that on the CAN bus yet.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

@KTuner I'm always willing to guinea pig this option if needed. Thanks for your speedy response.

I usually email this stuff but since a thread is here about it......
Sponsored