Can I use Ktuner with an Automatic CVT 17' Hatch Sport?

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
The factory equivalent once tuned will never be 100% factory, because of other tuning changes. Flashing back to factory is easy, though.
Sponsored

Abhorsen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' FK7
Country flag
Thank you guys for the help, I'll just flash Stage 1 and flash back to stock for smog.

CTRx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic
Country flag
Happy to have found this thread but as many others who have not done it. Worry about the long term implications on the CVT transmission with this tune. Would not hesitate for a second if I had the MT. Given the car is less than a month old, not sure if this is something that is on my radar yet but really want it to be! Also freaked out by the notice of the error codes and potentially ruining the car from a software perspective!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly haven't heard of anyone using a base KTuner tune having CVT issues.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What does a base tune mean?
a tune/calibration that is included with the ktuner when you purchase. There are multiple base tunes available for free within the ktuner software after purchase and download :)

Vladn4

First Name
Vlad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX hatchback EX
Country flag
The answer is definitely yes, and great information above. I constantly see mention of how long the companies have been tuning when comparing one to the other. I've been in this line of work for 18 years of my life, as I also created the OBD1 Honda tuning software NepTune - HRTuning.com. KTuner was branched off as a separate company for multiple reasons, but it's part of a larger family that has a lot of history with Honda/Acura tuning, as well as many other facets.
Hi, I have a 2017 civic ex hatchback. muffler delete and downpipes, as well as mishimoto air intake and blow off valve. will a Ktuner V2 work for me?

Vladn4

First Name
Vlad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX hatchback EX
Country flag
I wanted to come back to this thread and say thanks to everyone that's posted here with helping me decide on what to get. I went with ktuner and did stage 2 dual tune. 2017 HB Sports Touring CVT here and as @gtman stated. We are very lucky to have these two options. I feel that everyone that has 10th gen should get one of these. I'm completely stock and the difference is remarkable. I use to do a lot of mods back in the day. But with kids now, I needed something more for the family but still fun. I didn't think I would even consider any type of tune or mods for this car but this site has changed my thoughts. Either tuner is best bang for the buck vs any bolt ons. I'd say this should be the number one mod and then you can add others later. No brainer vote for me!
Did you go with Ktuner V2?

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hi, I have a 2017 civic ex hatchback. muffler delete and downpipes, as well as mishimoto air intake and blow off valve. will a Ktuner V2 work for me?
The BOV is a problem, but yes, KTuner will work for you quite well.

rlkassan

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic sport touring hatchback
Country flag
Hey guys,

This is my second Honda vehicle, proior to this I had a 2013 Civic Touring and kept it stock.

Apologies if threads like this have come up in the past..

So lately I have dabbled into some light modification on my Hatchback Sport (owned it for almost 6months now) and I want to start getting into performance upgrades. I know what Ktuner and Hondata are in a nutshell so to speak but I am unclear if it is safe to use with my CVT Automatic hatch.

Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated.

late to the party here but - for others that will read these - just throwing my support behind the K-Tuner stage 2 dual tune. i have the '17 sport touring cvt on this tune and it's literally night and day. customer support was quick when i had a couple issues during setup that were quickly resolved.

it's been about 7 months that I've been tuned. Admittedly, I still have worry about warranty / longevity since this is my daily driver. I don't drive like an idiot - it just adds that bit of power when wanted or needed. During normal driving the tune definitely doesn't appear or feel to be adding any unnecessary stress to the transmission.

the only "annoying" part is flashing to factory when getting serviced by the dealer. i should have bought the v2...would be much easier than using my laptop . Worried that my honda hack and the tune can create those warranty issues, so better safe than sorry.

all things considered - the k-tuner was far and away the best performance bang for the buck. happy customer!
Sponsored