ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I'm in Ohio and the afternoon temps have been hitting 50s and 60s but lows are in the high 30s to low 40s. The temps should be rising though over the next 3 weeks.

I'm due to rotate my tires but would rather just slap on the summer tires.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ExVTEC

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
You also can only get 91oct, need carb approved products, rolling black outs, earthquakes and some of the highest taxes in the country :cool:

Love CA weather, I run summer tires year round :cool:

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
You also can only get 91oct, need carb approved products, rolling black outs, earthquakes and some of the highest taxes in the country :cool:
Run E-85 so no problem with 91, never really cared about carb products (money talks when it comes to smog checks so also no worries there lol), tbh never had any problem with black outs at least where I live thankfully. Earthquakes and taxes you got me beat on can’t argue with that lmao, but still wouldn’t move outside of CA. Just can’t do it, too much to do in CA! I’m in the center of everything 1hr away from the mountains, 45min away from the beaches, 30-45min away from all amusement parks (except Six flags that’s a hour 20), 20min from LA, 30min from Hollywood it’s perfect!! Would gladly overpay for a house ! Lol..... I do wish we had 93 octane tho and not get charged up the ass for gas taxes

Videone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 MX-5 GT PRHT, 2018 Mazda 6 Signature, 2016 Civic Touring Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Summer tires on last week. Snowblower moved to the back of the garage...mower to the front. Expecting a freak snow storm soon now that I have tempted fate. :oops:

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Ran the oem tires al winter. Just didn’t drive the CTR when is snowed.

roflitzjinno

First Name
Jinno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
Country flag
Ran the oem tires al winter. Just didn’t drive the CTR when is snowed.
I did the same. Obviously the grip is different when it's colder, be more mindful. The tires will reach temp after rolling for a little bit.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Yes, just exercise caution when temps are near the lows, or just dont drive at night?

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Should be fine, just changed mine today

Patriots1959

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
For those in snowy areas it might be a good idea to wait until May before putting on your summer tires - it gives your local DPW time to fill the potholes.

wtam1100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
I live in O-H-I-O also. I dont drive my CTR in the winter. I have a stinger that I daily. I just put the pilot super sports for the stinger back on today. Although I'm not driving much anyways with the quarantine going on. I would do it since you have time, nothing else to do for me at least.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
For those in snowy areas it might be a good idea to wait until May before putting on your summer tires - it gives your local DPW time to fill the potholes.
I remember last year we had two snow storms in April two weeks apart from each other too. Both storms brought at least 3”. Winter just wouldn’t die. Everyone who swapped at the first sign of spring either swapped back during the first storm or the second. Some said F this and never went back to summer tires ? I saw one car in June with Blizzaks still on ?
Sponsored