Can anyone help an idiot with using a USB flash drive in a 10 Gen Si stereo?

AUGM1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI
Country flag
Bought a new 2019 Si, and it is the first car I've owned that has had no cassette or CD player.
I've figured out how to get my CD's onto my PC and transferred to a flash drive, but can't get the Civic's display to show the cover art, which is actually in the settings.
Can anyone help?
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I don't believe that the art is in the wav or mp3 files if you ripped them directly.

There is a website, I believe it's CDDB or something similar, that will automatically grab the art if it's running while you're ripping the music.

If you bought an mp3 from Amazon; the art should be there. You could try that to see if it does show up in that case.

Good luck.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
If you run a PC, I use MP3Tag to edit the MP3 Meta data, (song, artist etc & Artwork), and Drivesort to sort the files on the USB stick into non-random sequence (ie alphabetically by Title, and album)

You also need to make sure your USB stick is formatted as Fat32, and ideally on an android unit.
One easy way is to initially format it as NTFS (which will not work in the Honda, and then when you put the USB stick into the car, it will find it is unreadable and offer to format it for you, which will be in Android Fat32

Don't go CRAZY getting an enormous USB stick, 32GB is all you really need, as there is a number of Folder (700) limit with the Honda Music player, as well as a limit on the total number of tracks (like 7000 ??)

If you have more Music that 32 GB, put some on a 2nd Drive, and swap between them
One advantage of more than 1 USB stick, is that you can always have at least one in the car, while you are updating the other(s)

BTW: Although the USB port is only 2.0, the 3.0 drives seem to work a lot better (running in 2.0 mode) .. maybe because they are inherently able t go faster ??

With a 32GB drive, be prepared to spend some considerable time, loading & setting up the music onto the drive, and editing Meta data & Images ... !!

Tip: Keep all your music on your Computer (ideally backed up), and do all the editing on the Hard Drive.
Then only COPY what you want to the USB drive.. do NOT edit on the USB drive.. just do a final Drivesort on the USB drive, when you have the USB drive loaded.
USB drives can fail, especially in the HOT environment of the Car and you don't want to have to do all that editing again, if you edited on that now corrupted USB drive !!
Sponsored