Can anyone educate me on the white exterior colors?

Edd

First Name
Edd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
I just bought my 19 EX sedan. My car is white orchid pearl, which I like, but I originally was expecting good old taffeta white.
I've had several Hondas over the years and always preferred to get taffeta white...easy to clean, easy to touch up or color match. Is it no longer in production, or just unavailable on Civic models?
Thx.
Sponsored

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Isn't the 19 Platinum White Pearl? I know they switched in 19. I know White Orchid Pearl was available on the 18s and before.

Edit- I see Taffeta White was available for the LX

wytwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White SI Coupe
Country flag
white orchid pearl i believe was 2016-2018 for sedans and coupes. Hatchbacks have carried over the White Orchid colour. Taffeta white is a flat white while the pearls have a metallic shimmer to it in the sunlight. For 2019's they started using Platinum White pearl for sedans and coupes. The Type R comes in Championship White. From my researching people say that orchid white is a tad more off white then platinum white and the platinum is a slightly flatter finish with larger speckles. Here is a link to an accord form that I found with paint samples listed: https://www.driveaccord.net/forums/...ite-orchid-pearl-vs-platinum-white-pearl.html

OP
OP

Edd

First Name
Edd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
[QUO
Isn't the 19 Platinum White Pearl? I know they switched in 19. I know White Orchid Pearl was available on the 18s and before.

You're right. I checked today. It's Platinum white pearl.

I'm just going to call it white.....

IIRC, dealer even thought my '19 was white orchid pearl.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just bought my 19 EX sedan. My car is white orchid pearl, which I like, but I originally was expecting good old taffeta white.
I've had several Hondas over the years and always preferred to get taffeta white...easy to clean, easy to touch up or color match. Is it no longer in production, or just unavailable on Civic models?
Thx.
Taffeta white is only available on the LX trim. i liked that color, used to own a 8th gen coupe in taffeta white.

jforkner

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Touring, 2018 CR-V Touring
Country flag
Thx.
https://automobiles.honda.com/civic-sedan#color-selector

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Taffeta white is only available on the LX trim. i liked that color, used to own a 8th gen coupe in taffeta white.
Same :beer: That's what I sold when I bought my hatch

wytwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White SI Coupe
Country flag
The white pearl cost more. In Canada it was an extra charge.
Up until last month it was the same price for SI coupes. My dealer didn’t charge me the $300 due to the pricing error. It was fixed week.
Sponsored