First Name
Alexa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
Hello guys.
I come to you for a confirmation on my problem ,if it is or not let me know .
My Type R stock with 5000 miles had an oil leak on the valve cover gasket .Long story short i go to the service for replacement on waranty ,they open the engien and replaced the gasket but then i saw something strange, on the camshaft ther was some wear marks like some iregular marks that you can see in the photo. whene i asked the guy frome service said it was normal and did not worry about having a guarantee anyway. A very professional response .I have seen other engines as well, but not one that looks like that I hope the problem between the oil leak and the marks on the camshaft are not the result of a bigger problem
What is your opinion, I missing something ?
Any opinion is welcome

Honda Civic 10th gen Camshaft wear Valve cover

Honda Civic 10th gen Camshaft wear Camshaft

View attachment 155830

View attachment 155831

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Totally normal if it was some deep nasty ones then I'll be worried but your good camshaft do wear overtime

OP
OP
Scorpion85

Scorpion85

First Name
Alexa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
Totally normal if it was some deep nasty ones then I'll be worried but your good camshaft do wear overtime
In 5000 mile , it's not too quick ? . I open a suzuki motorcycle engine for a distribution chain and didn't had marks at all , with over 31000 miles

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
The reason why the motorcycle might of not have any was because the design of the valve train it probably has less stress on the lobs or different material

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
If it has deep grooves your finger nails can catch then that's not normal.
That's totally ok:thumbsup:
Sponsored