Came very close to selling my Si

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
One of my coworkers has an i4 XSE camry and it is pretty nice. I was suprised at the lack of interior space though. Similar to the 10th gen Civics. Lack of Android Auto is a dealbreaker too... The v6 one is nice and smooth for sure, but a gas guzzler. At least the Toyota engines are tried-and-true compared to these new turbo Honda motors. Btw, have you guys seen the new TRD Avalons?!?

https://www.caranddriver.com/photos/g25137339/2020-toyota-avalon-trd-detailed-gallery/
I mean, I know larger grills are trendy these days, but when it's completely consumed the whole front bumper I think it's gone too far.
Now that's what I call a MAW!
Sponsored

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I'm glad you did not sell the SI for the Camry. One thing is you will miss the manual transmission. I do understand that the Toyota/Lexus V6 and V8's are silky smooth and dependable.

FYI before my '18 SI Sedan, I had a '15 Hyundai Elantra Sport. Decent car, but got bored of it due to lack of the manual transmission. That was my 1st Automatic car in 15 years lol.

At the moment cannot go back to an Automatic :)

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I mean, I know larger grills are trendy these days, but when it's completely consumed the whole front bumper I think it's gone too far.
Now that's what I call a MAW!
Well, Toyota saw the Civic hatchback fake vents and turned them 180 and slapped them on the Avalon. Can’t argue with success see how Civic owners love them to death.

Honda Civic 10th gen Came very close to selling my Si upload_2019-8-21_2-33-6

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Well, Toyota saw the Civic hatchback fake vents and turned them 180 and slapped them on the Avalon. Can’t argue with success see how Civic owners love them to death.

upload_2019-8-21_2-33-6.jpeg
Yeah, the fake vents. They seem to be a trend. They don't bother me, so I don't bother them!

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm glad you did not sell the SI for the Camry. One thing is you will miss the manual transmission. I do understand that the Toyota/Lexus V6 and V8's are silky smooth and dependable.

FYI before my '18 SI Sedan, I had a '15 Hyundai Elantra Sport. Decent car, but got bored of it due to lack of the manual transmission. That was my 1st Automatic car in 15 years lol.

At the moment cannot go back to an Automatic :)
Yeah, I'm going to eventually get a used one, but I'm going to keep the Si, my son who will be 16 in Dec is gunning for it. Unfortunately he won't be able to touch it until he is 19, and he shows responsibility

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
I love Camrys. They are comfortable. They ride beautifully. They have one of the most refined v6 engines. And they last forever. Sometimes having no soul can be good for the soul. But don't worry, I'm not buying one... today that is ;)
i hate to say this but..... if you were to buy a camry you would just be contributing to the downfall of the sporty compact car segment.

with the segment already being on a decline for the last 10/12 years, its best that we try to keep it alive as long as possible because at this rate there probably wont be a single sporty/manual trans compact car being produced anymore in 10 years, seriously.

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Yeah, I'm going to eventually get a used one, but I'm going to keep the Si, my son who will be 16 in Dec is gunning for it. Unfortunately he won't be able to touch it until he is 19, and he shows responsibility
Yes it makes sense getting the XSE V6 pre-owned and saving money.

Also it is a good idea that your son gets the SI at a 19 or older. They are quick and experience is required. To be honest my '18 SI is quicker than my old '98 Mustang GT (wrecked) and old '99 Mustang GT (lemoned).

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i hate to say this but..... if you were to buy a camry you would just be contributing to the downfall of the sporty compact car segment.

with the segment already being on a decline for the last 10/12 years, its best that we try to keep it alive as long as possible because at this rate there probably wont be a single sporty/manual trans compact car being produced anymore in 10 years, seriously.
I hear you bro. I'm keeping it in family. In about 3 years when my son is 19 I will probably give it to him and "borrow" it from time to time. I'm 51 now and getting to that age where I'm going to need something a bit cushier. But hey, thanks for the concern.

As far as as the Si is concerned, it's not going anywhere. It's been around in one form or the other since the 80's, it has a following that I think will be bigger than in past years, and lastly at a time when manuals are dying I'm seeing more and more first time buyers who in the age of the double clutch and other advanced auto tranny's who never drove a manual in their lives jumping in. Just look at all the threads on driving manuals that have been popping up

Last edited:

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Country flag
I hear you bro. I'm keeping it in family. In about 3 years when my son is 19 I will probably give it to him and "borrow" it from time to time. I'm 51 now and getting to that age where I'm going to need something a bit cushier. But hey, thanks for the concern.

As far as as the Si is concerned, it's not going anywhere. It's been around in one form or the other since the 80's, it has a following that I think will be bigger than in past years, and lastly at a time when manuals are dying I'm seeing more and more first time buyers who in the age of the double clutch and other advanced auto tranny's who never drove a manual in their lives jumping in. Just look at all the threads on driving manuals that have been popping up
I hope you're right. Seeing word yesterday about the 2020 Si has only refreshed my appetite. I've never considered driver assist tech a "must have," but after a recent road trip up I-95 from NC to NJ the idea of combining a fun manual with adaptive cruise is a little bit enticing.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I hope you're right. Seeing word yesterday about the 2020 Si has only refreshed my appetite. I've never considered driver assist tech a "must have," but after a recent road trip up I-95 from NC to NJ the idea of combining a fun manual with adaptive cruise is a little bit enticing.
I'm not a big fan or crash mitigation tech, lane watch etc but adaptive cruise can be a lifesaver. I travel to our Texas office a few times a year and drive all types of rentals, and in slower traffic adaptive cruise control makes it much easier. You just set it and it will follow the car in front of you. The only problem is that depending on how fast you are going, it will leave a 2 to 3 car gap...people behind you seem to get irritated that you are leaving that much space and start tailgating. Also if a car changes lanes in front of you suddenly the car will brake, which I guess is good but can be annoying

Reactions: mjh

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was on the verge of pulling the trigger on a fully loaded XSE i4 with the red seats. The dealership wanted 32k OTD and I was only comfortable with 30k, so I walked away to the next door and bought the sport touring hatchback for 27.5k OTD. Till this day, I have no regret on the Civic over the Camry in term of style.

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
The new Camry is really nice looking. I love what they did style-wise. But I wouldn't be able to give up a manual for one. At least not right now lol.

I loved my '05 Tundra. Even with it's 4.7L V8, it would beat 5.4L F150's and stock 5.3L Chevy's. Lifted, re-geared, headers, etc. She was so fun and never once had an issue with her.

7sd74YOh.jpg

YItdiE6h.jpg

JbukovCh.jpg
Nice truck, what about a tuned 2.7 V6, it’s actually lighter and faster 0-60 from a dig than the 3.5 engine stock.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag