amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Buying a Toyota Camry is like going into Baskin Robbins and getting a one scoop vanilla cone. No thanks -- to many better choices to add excitement to life. Try the rocky road, ice cream that is
We are a nation of fat people. Sometimes one scoop is all we need
Sponsored

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We are a nation of fat people. Sometimes one scoop is all we need
I died laughing at this comment.
I sat in my friends XSE last night, very very nice car. I just think it's a lot of money for not a whole lot of "car."
Like sure it has it's luxuries and it's comfortable, but I just can't ever see myself in a car like that. Maybe for the weekends or something, but it's literally soulless.
Just another generic family sedan with nothing to make it stand out.

In this case it would just be an appliance, where the civic si is a driver's "car"

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I died laughing at this comment.
I sat in my friends XSE last night, very very nice car. I just think it's a lot of money for not a whole lot of "car."
Like sure it has it's luxuries and it's comfortable, but I just can't ever see myself in a car like that. Maybe for the weekends or something, but it's literally soulless.
Just another generic family sedan with nothing to make it stand out.

In this case it would just be an appliance, where the civic si is a driver's "car"
That's why I would buy it used a few years old. This car will easily last 20 years before giving problems.

At my age (51), sometimes you feel really tired and just don't like feeling the bumps or shifting through gears. In traffic you just want to relax and let the car work for you. Anyway glad my comment made you laugh!

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I drove my friend's 2018 XSE V6, and she and I both agreed that it's got power but the delivery is so smooth that you don't feel like it has 300hp. I really like the styling of the new one, Toyota just has to bump up their infotainment

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Country flag
At my age (51), sometimes you feel really tired and just don't like feeling the bumps or shifting through gears. In traffic you just want to relax and let the car work for you. Anyway glad my comment made you laugh!
Amirza, I've been a (mostly) lurker on these boards for a while, and your posts about the Si keep me coming back (especially about how the turning experience has gone for you), even though I keep telling myself I'm not going to buy an Si and deal with Honda's spotty at-best infotainment. But I'm exactly your age and am still dreaming about one more fun MT car before they seemingly go away forever. Given your obvious love of the car it seems like it would be a sin for you to give it up.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Amirza, I've been a (mostly) lurker on these boards for a while, and your posts about the Si keep me coming back (especially about how the turning experience has gone for you), even though I keep telling myself I'm not going to buy an Si and deal with Honda's spotty at-best infotainment. But I'm exactly your age and am still dreaming about one more fun MT car before they seemingly go away forever. Given your obvious love of the car it seems like it would be a sin for you to give it up.
Worry not. I'm not giving it up. I may in a few years give it to my son so it stays in the family. It's just to much fun to drive...even when I'm tired!

Reactions: mjh
OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I drove my friend's 2018 XSE V6, and she and I both agreed that it's got power but the delivery is so smooth that you don't feel like it has 300hp. I really like the styling of the new one, Toyota just has to bump up their infotainment
Honestly I don't really care about infotainment systems so much, I actually prefer physical buttons. Lack of Android auto does suck, but the solution is to just mount my phone when I want to use Google maps. One of my co-workers who has an older Toyota with a much tinier screen actually mounted a 7" tablet and runs Android auto from there! It connects to the cars bluetooth so the turn by turn navigation comes thru the speakers

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Lol! Selling Civic Si for a Camry :doh: Camry is a box to be used from point A to B
It's a very, very nice box. Sometimes that's all you need, a box where you don't have to shift gears or feel the bumps. But anyway if you read thru this, I didn't sell my Si nor am I selling it, so worry not!

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One of my co-workers is selling her 2018 Toyota Camry XSE, 35K miles, fully loaded, two tone paint, leather seats, 3.5L 301 HP V6 and offered it to me for $26,500. No accidents, no damage, she kept it in prime condition. the reason she is selling it is she commutes from a city called Tracy which is almost a 2 hour drive in traffic, she wants to lease a leaf to save money on gas. I test drove it, and Goddam if it doesn't have one of the smoothest engines I have ever driven. And the seats, OMG, the seats. So I wanted to get an idea of what my car is worth (it's paid off) and checked on Carvana, and they offered me $21K. I paid a little more than $23K out the door, including tax and license, so I would be losing probably around $2500

I came really close to pulling the trigger, but yesterday I was rowing thru the gears, and I realized I would probably never drive another MT again if I sold this car. Although the Camry xse drives and handles really well, I would really miss my drives thru the windy Pacheco pass and the Grapevines on my trips to Southern California, ripping thru the gears. So I decided to keep it, and maybe when my son turns 18 or 19, I will give it him and buy a used XSE, that way I will get the benefits of both worlds

BTW, she just told me she sold it for $30K, so she is getting more money and I keep my car
The new Camry is really nice looking. I love what they did style-wise. But I wouldn't be able to give up a manual for one. At least not right now lol.

Didn’t you drop a ton modding your car?

That’s your inner Toyota fanboy you have to shake;)

But yeah I’m it’s a nice car, Toyota has really stepped there game up especially in the looks department recently.

I really like the new Camrys design a lot. Looks much better than the accord in my opinion.

I also like the Toyota Tundra and especially the Tacoma’s. I was damn near close to buying a Tacoma TRD pro but went with an F-150 and tuned and lifted it six inches with 20’s and 35 inch tires.

Man I miss sitting up high...

But I don’t miss the fuel economy lol

A662373E-E031-4E2B-9592-2384794CFAFE.jpeg

D83A18D4-0BFA-4345-8345-860A5958627F.jpeg
I loved my '05 Tundra. Even with it's 4.7L V8, it would beat 5.4L F150's and stock 5.3L Chevy's. Lifted, re-geared, headers, etc. She was so fun and never once had an issue with her.

Honda Civic 10th gen Came very close to selling my Si 7sd74YOh

Honda Civic 10th gen Came very close to selling my Si YItdiE6h

Honda Civic 10th gen Came very close to selling my Si JbukovCh

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The new Camry is really nice looking. I love what they did style-wise. But I wouldn't be able to give up a manual for one. At least not right now lol.

I loved my '05 Tundra. Even with it's 4.7L V8, it would beat 5.4L F150's and stock 5.3L Chevy's. Lifted, re-geared, headers, etc. She was so fun and never once had an issue with her.

7sd74YOh.jpg

YItdiE6h.jpg

JbukovCh.jpg
I honestly don't know how you deal with driving a manual in SoCal in traffic over there. Everytime I come down I love the drive until I hit the valley, and then it's stop and go all the way to the South Bay. My leg is numb when I get to my destination! But overall, I don't want to give up driving a manual, that's why I decided not to buy the Camry for now. Nice Tundra by the way!

Animage

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Camry SE
Country flag
Buying a Toyota Camry is like going into Baskin Robbins and getting a one scoop vanilla cone. No thanks -- to many better choices to add excitement to life. Try the rocky road, ice cream that is
This personally hurts, as my car right now is a 2012 Camry SE. However, I prefer the vanilla ice cream! Just not this damn car. It's a death sentence from boredom.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's why I would buy it used a few years old. This car will easily last 20 years before giving problems.

Hah, I’m half the age and sometimes even I don’t like the visceral experience of the Type R. Depending on how intense work was, and traffic, etc, it’s just not pleasurable. That’s why I bought a used 07 RAV4 a few months ago. Completely opposite car but it’s comfortable, the automatic is... well, garbage but this is an old car, but in traffic I would take it much more over the stick.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This personally hurts, as my car right now is a 2012 Camry SE. However, I prefer the vanilla ice cream! Just not this damn car. It's a death sentence from boredom.
Aw c'mon, it's not that bad. I have a 2006 Camry SE (3.3L V6 engine, gave it to my daughter last year) and although it isn't exciting, it was relaxing to drive, has a smooth V6 engine,never gave me any problems, and at 140K and 13 years it still has at least 15 years left. It is definitely put together better than my Si, as my Si already has rattles (the A pillar) where my Camry just started getting rattles in its body

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I love Camrys. They are comfortable. They ride beautifully. They have one of the most refined v6 engines. And they last forever. Sometimes having no soul can be good for the soul. But don't worry, I'm not buying one... today that is ;)
I’ll agree I’ve driven camrys and their very comfortable cars and reliable but in Florida they’re everywhere my commute to work I’ll see at least 20 plus usually white
Sponsored