amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
One of my co-workers is selling her 2018 Toyota Camry XSE, 35K miles, fully loaded, two tone paint, leather seats, 3.5L 301 HP V6 and offered it to me for $26,500. No accidents, no damage, she kept it in prime condition. the reason she is selling it is she commutes from a city called Tracy which is almost a 2 hour drive in traffic, she wants to lease a leaf to save money on gas. I test drove it, and Goddam if it doesn't have one of the smoothest engines I have ever driven. And the seats, OMG, the seats. So I wanted to get an idea of what my car is worth (it's paid off) and checked on Carvana, and they offered me $21K. I paid a little more than $23K out the door, including tax and license, so I would be losing probably around $2500

I came really close to pulling the trigger, but yesterday I was rowing thru the gears, and I realized I would probably never drive another MT again if I sold this car. Although the Camry xse drives and handles really well, I would really miss my drives thru the windy Pacheco pass and the Grapevines on my trips to Southern California, ripping thru the gears. So I decided to keep it, and maybe when my son turns 18 or 19, I will give it him and buy a used XSE, that way I will get the benefits of both worlds

BTW, she just told me she sold it for $30K, so she is getting more money and I keep my car
Sponsored

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One of my co-workers is selling her 2018 Toyota Camry XSE, 35K miles, fully loaded, two tone paint, leather seats, 3.5L 301 HP V6 and offered it to me for $26,500. No accidents, no damage, she kept it in prime condition. the reason she is selling it is she commutes from a city called Tracy which is almost a 2 hour drive in traffic, she wants to lease a leaf to save money on gas. I test drove it, and Goddam if it doesn't have one of the smoothest engines I have ever driven. And the seats, OMG, the seats. So I wanted to get an idea of what my car is worth (it's paid off) and checked on Carvana, and they offered me $21K. I paid a little more than $23K out the door, including tax and license, so I would be losing probably around $2500

I came really close to pulling the trigger, but yesterday I was rowing thru the gears, and I realized I would probably never drive another MT again if I sold this car. Although the Camry xse drives and handles really well, I would really miss my drives thru the windy Pacheco pass and the Grapevines on my trips to Southern California, ripping thru the gears. So I decided to keep it, and maybe when my son turns 18 or 19, I will give it him and buy a used XSE, that way I will get the benefits of both worlds

BTW, she just told me she sold it for $30K, so she is getting more money and I keep my car
Friend just got an XSE with 1600 miles for $27,000. Don't do it to yourself.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Friend just got an XSE with 1600 miles for $27,000. Don't do it to yourself.
Wow, that is actually a good deal, considering this car is around $35K new. But no, keeping this car

****EDIT****

That might be for the Inline 4 engine. I can't see the 3.5L V6 selling for that much for that little mileage

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow, that is actually a good deal, considering this car is around $35K new. But no, keeping this car

****EDIT****

That might be for the Inline 4 engine. I can't see the 3.5L V6 selling for that much for that little mileage
Not sure what engine, but it's basically new. I'm in South Florida.

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
Didn’t you drop a ton modding your car?

That’s your inner Toyota fanboy you have to shake;)

But yeah I’m it’s a nice car, Toyota has really stepped there game up especially in the looks department recently.

I really like the new Camrys design a lot. Looks much better than the accord in my opinion.

I also like the Toyota Tundra and especially the Tacoma’s. I was damn near close to buying a Tacoma TRD pro but went with an F-150 and tuned and lifted it six inches with 20’s and 35 inch tires.

Man I miss sitting up high...

But I don’t miss the fuel economy lol

Honda Civic 10th gen Came very close to selling my Si A662373E-E031-4E2B-9592-2384794CFAFE

Honda Civic 10th gen Came very close to selling my Si D83A18D4-0BFA-4345-8345-860A5958627F

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not sure what engine, but it's basically new. I'm in South Florida.
For sure at that price it's the Inline 4. The 3.5L V6 is a different beast. You can tell the I-4 by having dual tail pipes on the drivers side, the 3.5L has dual tail pipes on both sides

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Didn’t you drop a ton modding your car?

That’s your inner Toyota fanboy you have to shake;)

But yeah I’m it’s a nice car, Toyota has really stepped there game up especially in the looks department recently.

I really like the new Camrys design a lot. Looks much better than the accord in my opinion.

I also like the Toyota Tundra and especially the Tacoma’s. I was damn near close to buying a Tacoma TRD pro but went with an F-150 and tuned and lifted it six inches with 20’s and 35 inch tires.

Man I miss sitting up high...

But I don’t miss the fuel economy lol

A662373E-E031-4E2B-9592-2384794CFAFE.jpeg

D83A18D4-0BFA-4345-8345-860A5958627F.jpeg
Nice truck! Actually no I don't have a lot of mods and didn't spend a lot of money. I only have the following add-on's:
Ktuner- $449
Performance Exhaust- $800
Mishimoto Performance Intercooler- $300 (bought it brand new from someone who's Si was totaled)

I don't plan any other mods, add-on's etc

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can empathize...Looked at the Grand Cherokee for last 6 months longing for that auto, quiet, up high etc...well, I do want to buy an Aliner in next few years and the Si isn’t going to tow it. But every time I leave the dealer in the Si, I just love this car. Sometimes I just open the door to the garage and look at it. And like you, I feel this may be my last manual and last sporty car...just turned 42 and hate to say it, but I see my days are numbered.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Buy used in a couple of years. Spend $18k to $19k tops on any Camry. Huge selections on any given day.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I can empathize...Looked at the Grand Cherokee for last 6 months longing for that auto, quiet, up high etc...well, I do want to buy an Aliner in next few years and the Si isn’t going to tow it. But every time I leave the dealer in the Si, I just love this car. Sometimes I just open the door to the garage and look at it. And like you, I feel this may be my last manual and last sporty car...just turned 42 and hate to say it, but I see my days are numbered.
Dude, I'll trade ages with you. I'll even throw in $10K (I'm 51). No seriously, Were both still young. Not 25 or 30 young, but we still have some mileage left in us!

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Buy used in a couple of years. Spend $18k to $19k tops on any Camry. Huge selections on any given day.
Yeah, I'm going to wait until my son is 18 or 19 (he's 15, 16 in Dec) and if he is responsible, I'll give it to him. That way I can keep the car and "borrow it" every now and then

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So, you considered selling your Si for a big family sedan appliance that has no soul? sorry bro, i cant support that.
I love Camrys. They are comfortable. They ride beautifully. They have one of the most refined v6 engines. And they last forever. Sometimes having no soul can be good for the soul. But don't worry, I'm not buying one... today that is ;)
Sponsored

Last edited: