WrenchMunky

First Name
Cisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #1589 PMM
Country flag
So as I was giving my baby a detail when I noticed that the clear coat from both front calipers was peeling.

Honda Civic 10th gen Caliper Clear Coat Peeling 20200207_092450
Honda Civic 10th gen Caliper Clear Coat Peeling 20200207_092512

Has anyone else had this issue? My R has 19.5k miles and is a 2017. I went down to my local dealer Gillman Honda and expressed my issue. I was a little worried that this would be something that they would not cover under warranty.

The gentleman that assisted me came out took a look and stated that he would have to get the manager to see if they could warranty the replacement. After nervously waiting for 15 minutes the manager came out took a couple quick glances and said go ahead and order the replacement calipers.

Needless to say I was beyond ecstatic, and was told that they would call me once the new calipers came in. Fast forward one week, and both calipers are replaced!

Honda Civic 10th gen Caliper Clear Coat Peeling 20200207_142147

I would urge you guys to keep an eye on your calipers! Just wanted to post this on here just in case anyone else may have the same issue, and hopefully it can be replaced under warranty!

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
I had this happen to me when owning the EVO X. The clear coat peel just like in the picture from the first post. I was covered under warranty.The regional manager said it was clear coated improperly from Brembo so the extreme heat from the calipers just cause the clear to lift and peel.

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Good thing honda honored the warranty , do track your ctr i saw a vid on youtube were a type r owner roasted his calipers even the color of the red darkened severely . He does track it constantly

whiteFK8

First Name
Yuya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Type R
Country flag
How long is our warranty that covers brake calipers?

sean465

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Country flag
Whaaaat! Don’t get them covered in the uk, wear and tear, so pleased to see you do. I am paranoid about them, slightest little nick, moisture gets in, heat...urrrggggh

Yeah if you track heavily or put an aggressive pad on they turn Ron Burgundy
Sponsored