California AEM ColdAirIntake Notice! *CARB LEGAL*!! AVAILABLE February

Raziate

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Lx
After finding the CARB ID# for and Certificate of Emissions and talking to AEM directly about this item still not being able to ship to California, they said the item can indeed be purchased and shipped to California. The only problem was that many companies were not informed of the item becoming California emission compliant. After speaking with several companies and proving that the item has a CARB EO: D-670-24, to be exact. You can now finally order this item and ship it to California Legally and with sticker and a papers. The only fault so far is either you can order it from AEM directly, or Procivic.com but be aware this item is on back order until February (Possible ETA) as of right now. Im sure many people will be willing to wait for this item to ship legit rather than reverting to from their "illegal mod" back to stock anytime they take their car in for a smog or service... Either way I just thought i would inform everyone of this after I spent about a month going back in forth to get them to finally confirm that the item had a CARB ID and should have been able to ship along time ago... Now you can "Pre-order" your intake, if you didn't go the backdoor method.
Sponsored

EastBayCivic

First Name
DerekZoolander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
After finding the CARB ID# for and Certificate of Emissions and talking to AEM directly about this item still not being able to ship to California, they said the item can indeed be purchased and shipped to California. The only problem was that many companies were not informed of the item becoming California emission compliant. After speaking with several companies and proving that the item has a CARB EO: D-670-24, to be exact. You can now finally order this item and ship it to California Legally and with sticker and a papers. The only fault so far is either you can order it from AEM directly, or Procivic.com but be aware this item is on back order until February (Possible ETA) as of right now. Im sure many people will be willing to wait for this item to ship legit rather than reverting to from their "illegal mod" back to stock anytime they take their car in for a smog or service... Either way I just thought i would inform everyone of this after I spent about a month going back in forth to get them to finally confirm that the item had a CARB ID and should have been able to ship along time ago... Now you can "Pre-order" your intake, if you didn't go the backdoor method.
Does anyone know of this type of intake impacts fuel trims or if it doesnt need a tune?

Aachan510

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got mine in August. It already had the CARB plate. Lucky for me the shop was able to get it without much hassle.

Honda Civic 10th gen California AEM ColdAirIntake Notice! *CARB LEGAL*!! AVAILABLE February 20181212_170947

EastBayCivic

First Name
DerekZoolander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
I got mine in August. It already had the CARB plate. Lucky for me the shop was able to get it without much hassle.

20181212_170947.jpg
Did you need a tune to fix fuel trims with this? Probably not since its CARB but just wondering

Aachan510

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you need a tune to fix fuel trims with this? Probably not since its CARB but just wondering
I already had the HONDATA tune that's set for this intake. So can't really say if it affected anything without tune. But if it's CARB probably nothing substantial.

Boosted1one

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crystal Black FI FC1 Si ✓
I got mine in
20181212_170947.jpg
If i may ask what carbon fiber/fiberglass heat shielding sleeve that is you've got on there. That thing is sweet! And just the kind of solution in that area i was looking for! Like a throwback to those Spoon engine socks

How does it perform btw? Sorry for all the questions.. im just really digging it. Thanks!

YankeeSi

First Name
jerad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si sedan
Country flag
If i may ask what carbon fiber/fiberglass heat shielding sleeve that is you've got on there. That thing is sweet! And just the kind of solution in that area i was looking for! Like a throwback to those Spoon engine socks

How does it perform btw? Sorry for all the questions.. im just really digging it. Thanks!
It's a PTP Turbo Blanket.

Boosted1one

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crystal Black FI FC1 Si ✓
After finding the CARB ID# for and Certificate of Emissions and talking to AEM directly about this method.

Is there a secret masionic handshake way to order this or something?

AEM website lists only 2 items, the dryflow filter and a SRI that oddly cant be shipped to CA.

Any updates on this with part number or anything?

Aachan510

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is there a secret masionic handshake way to order this or something?

AEM website lists only 2 items, the dryflow filter and a SRI that oddly cant be shipped to CA.

Any updates on this with part number or anything?
I got mine through a local shop.

As for as the blanket not going to notice any real difference. Just the IAT temps stay pretty equal.
Sponsored