Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey Guys,

Recently over the last few days I have had a lot of people reach out to me about fuel trims on their aftermarket intakes both from people running a 27WON intake and other various brands. The question I get asked the most is what should my fuel trims be and what do yours look like. I want to use this post to answer the later question.

The 27WON intake comes with a 1-piece billet machined MAF housing and manufactured to tolerances that are extremely tight and well kept. The reason we utilize a separate machined housing for our MAF versus just installing a plate on to a pipe is because it allows us to keep the OEM PCM happy, ensures no obstructions in the air stream, allows flexibility in design, improve performance, looks good and oh yes it lets us keep fuel trims in check.

Now I am not going to go into the topic of fuel trims just yet has it as tons of info but I do want to share some images with you. Below you see two graphs. The top one is a log of the fuel trims taken with the OEM intake installed on a stock tune on a set route we use to help road test product. The 2nd graph below is the exact same route about 30 minutes later with the 27WON intake.

You can see that the fuel trims in both cases are super tightly held and close together. In fact they are within +/- 1.5% of each other. So in short the 27WON CAI ensures that your're fuel trims are kept in check and you get a happy car.

Let me know in the comments below if you would like to see us publish a blog that explains what fuel trim is and what to look for. As always let us know if you have any questions.

Honda Civic 10th gen CAI's and Fuel Trims Civic-Intake-MAF-1

Honda Civic 10th gen CAI's and Fuel Trims 2017_12_01 OE MAF Log LTFT.PNG

Honda Civic 10th gen CAI's and Fuel Trims 2017_12_01 27WON MAF OE Cal LTFT.PNG

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’d be interested in a blog post. I enjoy reading what you guys are doing and try to keep up with your blog generally. I know basically “closer to zero is good” but I’d like to know more. Thanks.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am just getting back on the forum after being off for a bit. I have an PRL CAI but never installed it. Before I left the site for a little bit, I could've sworn it was your intake I saw and I was interested in purchasing it. It wasn't for sale yet but it was a perfect design as it was similar to what I was trying to custom make for myself. Could you post a picture of your intake here? I'm currently searching the forums under your name and such but haven't seen a pic of it yet. I'm almost positive it was your intake design. Thanks!

Edit: Found it --> 27 Won Intake
Yes, it was this intake. Thanks anyways! Now to get the ball rolling...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am just getting back on the forum after being off for a bit. I have an PRL CAI but never installed it. Before I left the site for a little bit, I could've sworn it was your intake I saw and I was interested in purchasing it. It wasn't for sale yet but it was a perfect design as it was similar to what I was trying to custom make for myself. Could you post a picture of your intake here? I'm currently searching the forums under your name and such but haven't seen a pic of it yet. I'm almost positive it was your intake design. Thanks!

Edit: Found it --> 27 Won Intake
Yes, it was this intake. Thanks anyways! Now to get the ball rolling...
If you have any questions about it let us know.

Reactions: Myx

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
The Civic SI has a hz maf with greater resolution and more accuracy. How do the numbers look on a civic SI?
Sponsored