CAI intake on back order?

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ordered a Cobra street CAI from modern automotive performance and they are saying it won't ship until middle of next month, is that true?
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not with PRL but I can confirm the backorder. I heard that those that are waiting can look forward to some sort of a PRL swag bag.

OP
OP
Doublestack00

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not with PRL but I can confirm the backorder. I heard that those that are waiting can look forward to some sort of a PRL swag bag.

That'd be sweet, but I did not order direct from them so I'm not sure how that'll work.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That'd be sweet, but I did not order direct from them so I'm not sure how that'll work.
My contact didn't either. I think PRL just wants to make sure everyone is taken care of. :thumbsup: That eBay rush caught them (and the rest of us) by surprise.

OP
OP
Doublestack00

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My contact didn't either. I think PRL just wants to make sure everyone is taken care of. :thumbsup: That eBay rush caught them (and the rest of us) by surprise.

Yea, when I saw the EBay sale and it was $320 I ordered it right away. Had been planning on it, this just pushed up the time line. Tons of others must have done the same thing.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea, when I saw the EBay sale and it was $320 I ordered it right away. Had been planning on it, this just pushed up the time line. Tons of others must have done the same thing.
I did the same. Ordered through MAP on eBay during the sale. They drop ship from PRL and PRL has the orders. I actually called PRL that Monday just to ask a couple of questions and they already had the order and said they were just about to call to let me know they had gotten wiped out and wouldn't be able to ship until mid-April. So the intake isn't actually coming from MAP, they don't keep an inventory it appears, but rather they will drop ship directly from PRL. Both MAP and PRL have been very good about communicating.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Doublestack00

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree, MAP contacted me as soon as they found out about the back order. I told them I still want the intake and I'd wait.

I wanted it anyway but at $320 it was a smokin deal.

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Hi guys! We apologize about the inconvenience. These intakes have been blowing off the shelves like crazy, so our inventory ran out last week. We expect CAIs and SRIs to be back in stock sometime towards early April. All orders will ship immediately. For the delay we are throwing in free swag for all intake back-orders.

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
NOOOO, is the sale over?? I'm actually so mad that i missed it :(

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any updates?
Their website has a shipping ETA of 4/11. I think their Instagram had a video of a batch of unfinished MAF housings a week or two ago.

NOOOO, is the sale over?? I'm actually so mad that i missed it :(
The eBay sale, yes, but PRL still has 15% of their intakes if you go to their website.

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Ordered the CAI while on sale and it shipped today! Supposed to get it tomorrow since i live in NJ :D

OP
OP
Doublestack00

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ordered the CAI while on sale and it shipped today! Supposed to get it tomorrow since i live in NJ :D

Sweet ordered mine a month ago. Hoping it ships this week!
Sponsored