First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
With slightly less than the price from your dealer, I tried the Blitz Hybrid Aircon Filter. It's washable, (perhaps not as much times as the KNN ones...), and claims to remove odors. Got mine from Amazon back in October, and it's not available there anymore... In case anyone is curious, HA304 is the model that fits our Civics.
Sponsored

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
yea I see that I could've gotten a good one for a lot less. Anywhere from 3.00 to 12.00 dollars. whatever. Won't make the same mistake again. For what it's worth my old one which had 20k miles on it was completely packed with dirt and crap. So they must do something. After putting in the new one I ran the AC blower on high and the airflow coming out of the upper vents was way stronger than before.
I just changed mine out for the first time in 1 year/26k miles and it was disgusting. It was dirty and full of plant matter.

Used the 12 dollar Fram one with arm and hammer. I never buy OEM filters as they're such a rip off... As you know now

Giltibo

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Accord Coupe 5MT. '18 Civic Sport Touring 6MT (Both Red!)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The only time I NEVER use Fram is on oil filters.
BTW on your Civics (or other Hondas), the air filters are so easy to change that you can save a ton by doing it yourself - in a few minutes, for both engine and cabin. (In fact, the longest steps are, for the cabin air filter, 1- Remove all the crap in the glove box, and Last- Putting said crap back in the glove box! LOL

OP
OP

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
The only time I NEVER use Fram is on oil filters.
BTW on your Civics (or other Hondas), the air filters are so easy to change that you can save a ton by doing it yourself - in a few minutes, for both engine and cabin. (In fact, the longest steps are, for the cabin air filter, 1- Remove all the crap in the glove box, and Last- Putting said crap back in the glove box! LOL
yea I was kind of surprised by how easy it is to change the air filters.

Vrait

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
I'm thinking about ordering the Bosch HEPA filter. Tired of smelling exhaust fumes from the cars in front of me. Plus it should reduced any particles in the air dramatically. $30 is expensive, but it may be worth it for protecting my lungs better.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had gotten one of those 8.00 ones from Amazon, looked like decent quality and worked pretty good. It was only in a month when the dealer was doing the last oil change on it before being bought back. On the check list of what they did/ said I needed, it said the cabin filter was dirty and needed to be replaced as well as the engine air filter. Well the engine filter was the aem I had just bought two months prior, just hadn't taken it out for the new car yet.
Anyway, point is they lied and never even looked at that stuff so please don't let dealers rip you guys off. If you don't know how to do those things yourself,please find out how to. It's so simple and takes less than 10 minutes. And as you already see from this thread, a LOT CHEAPER.

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
37$ that's cheap. My dealer charge me 87 for intake filter and 81 for cabin filter.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I don't understand why the price went up so high. I was paying $13 for them at the dealer before and then the last time I tried to get one they had gone up over double. I get them at Walmart now for $13. Check it every 5k miles as the dang things last only about 10k miles before they are really dirty. I even made a video on how to replace both the engine and cabin filters. So simple you can do it in 10 minutes max.

Sponsored