CTRFK8CW

First Name
CTR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR CW
Country flag
you’re a SoCal owner dm if u need contact info on the buzzing clutch line fix for the guys at Goudy. Or can remove battery and adjust the free play of line and add padding yourself.
where or what type of padding is used? Where do you buy it?
Sponsored

vgr_90

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8,fiesta Shelby 750 mk5,Leon5F
Country flag
Hello, I don't know if I'm a little late, I solved it by putting something spongy between the tube and the chassis, in my case it was foam for doors. best done by removing the intake box or under the car. the problem is just below the gearbox mount

Honda Civic 10th gen Buzzing sound when depressing clutch pedal at 5-6k rpm WhatsApp Image 2022-02-15 at 11.32.08 AM
Honda Civic 10th gen Buzzing sound when depressing clutch pedal at 5-6k rpm WhatsApp Image 2022-02-15 at 11.32.30 AM (1)
Honda Civic 10th gen Buzzing sound when depressing clutch pedal at 5-6k rpm WhatsApp Image 2022-02-15 at 11.32.30 AM
Honda Civic 10th gen Buzzing sound when depressing clutch pedal at 5-6k rpm images

roro40p

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 TYPE R-11883
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello, I don't know if I'm a little late, I solved it by putting something spongy between the tube and the chassis, in my case it was foam for doors. best done by removing the intake box or under the car. the problem is just below the gearbox mount

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-15 at 11.32.08 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-02-15 at 11.32.30 AM (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-02-15 at 11.32.30 AM.jpeg
images.jpg

thanks will have to try this ... tis so annoying....also did you just cover that line all the way around?

thx

vgr_90

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8,fiesta Shelby 750 mk5,Leon5F
Country flag
thanks will have to try this ... tis so annoying....also did you just cover that line all the way around?

thx
no, only where it touches the frame

jordy19892012

First Name
Jordy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sedan LX 6MT
Country flag
Just went to the local Honda dealer yesterday and test drove my car with the tech. I was able to replicate this noise with him in the car (mine makes the noise very obviously around 4,500 rpms). I was told that its engine related and that the problem needs to develop to diagnose it....AKA they don't want to investigate the noise even with the vehicle still being under the 3/36,000 warranty. It's clearly clutch related. I did crawl under the car to see if all of the clutch lines were visible from underneath, and they aren't. No rubbing clutch lines on the chassis from what I can see underneath. After I remove the battery later this week, I'll have a better view of the clutch master cylinder to get a better idea of what's going on.

Tyrael1701

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Not in a Type R, but I think the problem is the same. 2021 hatch sport and had the exact same noise from the video. They replaced the muffler because they heard a noise, still there. I went back in and let them know about the clutch master cyl. They adjusted the line and it's fine now.

Honda Civic 10th gen Buzzing sound when depressing clutch pedal at 5-6k rpm 20220620_193123

Tyrael1701

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Just hopping in to say I have this issue on my hatchback sport.
Will see if the fixes in this thread work - I assume the clutch master is the same between models...
I assume so, I have the 2021 hatch sport and took it in under warranty. They adjusted the clutch line and it's fixed now.

Blindeye_03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR - White
Country flag
You'll have to remove the battery to get to the clutch master cylinder. Highlighted in red you'll notice the nut has play which will rattle at that RPM range that's mentioned. Lift/bend the hard line highlighted in yellow in the direction indicated to eliminate the free play on the nut. Did that to mine and no more buzzing.

clutchline.jpg
So do you tighten the nut if there is play and also bend the hard line to the left side or up? Mine is buzzing at 5krpm and its annoying as hell .. I will mention it to the dealer in a few days but Im thinking I can possibly fix this too.

This kind of makes sense now after re-reading everything. Today Honda wanted $180 to diagnose on my car thats been out of bumper to bumper warranty since April. I have extended warranty so it would have just been $100 for my deductible but I figured that I would try first before forking over money. Removing the battery and or the airbox isnt that big of a deal.

EDIT: I popped the battery out and pulled up on the clutch line slightly till I felt the pressure off of the nut and after test driving it seems to be fixed. Unless I moved the vibration up/down the rev range but for now all is well :).

Last edited: