Greyhouse

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 sport touring
Country flag
Am I being unreasonable by throwing a fit that they wanted to drive my new 2020 Si 90 miles from another dealership to me instead of trailering it? I offered to go pick it up myself at the beginning of the process but now that everything is signed they said it's against their policy. If I had known this I would have just went to that dealership and dealt with them directly. The other thing is that it wasn't until after I signed everything that they told me the 'car isn't on the ground yet' at the origin dealership. This was after the salesman acted like he could get the car to me today. I told them I wouldn't buy it if they drive it because I want to be responsible for the complete break-in period and I'm not going to have one of their employees joy riding my brand new 25k expense. Am I being unreasonable?
If you can’t drive it which I can understand their position I would say I want to ride along so the kid driving it doesn’t treat it like a rental or follow him if you can .I want to feel good about getting a new car not worrying if someone mistreated it
Sponsored

Bunhyung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Touring
I appreciate the input. This is my first time buying a new car so I'm not sure how all of this usually goes.
I just bought a new 2020 Si, the dealership delivered it to me 136 miles away.

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
You can't have it all. If the dealer doesn't have the car you want some compromises need to be made. You will always get the best deal with cars in stock. If you have to have the lime green with magenta interior somethings gotta give.
I always search for the dealer that has what I want. We drove 3 hrs last year to get my gf WRX rather than have a local dealer trade for it.

PdxJose

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Congrats on your new car. I probably would’ve done the same. I just picked up a 2020 Si Coupe 8 days ago but I had to drive 2.5 hours away (out of state) to take a look at it. I live in Oregon and drove to WA, it was a long 155mi drive back home but man I was so happy driving back in the new car. No one in Oregon had an Si and I specifically wanted a coupe. Anyways, have a fun and treat it good!

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Am I being unreasonable by throwing a fit that they wanted to drive my new 2020 Si 90 miles from another dealership to me instead of trailering it? I offered to go pick it up myself at the beginning of the process but now that everything is signed they said it's against their policy. If I had known this I would have just went to that dealership and dealt with them directly. The other thing is that it wasn't until after I signed everything that they told me the 'car isn't on the ground yet' at the origin dealership. This was after the salesman acted like he could get the car to me today. I told them I wouldn't buy it if they drive it because I want to be responsible for the complete break-in period and I'm not going to have one of their employees joy riding my brand new 25k expense. Am I being unreasonable?

No, you are not being unreasonable. We are talking about a brand new car. No one cares for your car better than you do. Plus, it is your money. Who knows, some fool might let it rip for the 90 miles joy ride. They could careless about the car, it is already sold.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
You didn't want somebody else to put some break-in miles on your car, so you ended up buy a used Si which somebody else broke in anyway? Nice one. :p

OP
OP
Miro

Miro

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si, 2016 Pilot (wife's)
Country flag
You didn't want somebody else to put some break-in miles on your car, so you ended up buy a used Si which somebody else broke in anyway? Nice one. :p

Yep...I understand the stupidity in that. The 5K price difference kinda makes up for it though.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
Yep...I understand the stupidity in that. The 5K price difference kinda makes up for it though.
You would've got that $5k back on the re-sale when the time comes. Making it just as cost effective to go brand new.

If $5k is all an Si depreciates in 3 years, I'd just get a brand new one every 3 years. That's equivalent to $138/month, there are very few(if any) new vehicles out there you can drive cheaper than that!

jandr272

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Civic Si, ‘18 CR-V EX-L
Country flag
You would've got that $5k back on the re-sale when the time comes. Making it just as cost effective to go brand new.

If $5k is all an Si depreciates in 3 years, I'd just get a brand new one every 3 years.
3 year old Si average 77% of new MSRP... so about $6k, not far off from what OP paid.
Sponsored