SiGeddy

First Name
Geddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
I want to get ktuner for my car here soon and I'm always seeing someone selling theirs on the forum. The question is it worth the risk buying a used ktuner and possibly running into issues or just paying full retail from a authorized dealer?
Sponsored

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
FYI I bought a brand new Ktuner v1.2 brand new delivered for $380 during week of Black Friday, so don’t pay too much.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
umm i dont think there would be any issues buying a uswd 1 vs a new 1. they would both do the same thing they either work or dont work.

OP
OP
SiGeddy

SiGeddy

First Name
Geddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
umm i dont think there would be any issues buying a uswd 1 vs a new 1. they would both do the same thing they either work or dont work.
Or I buy from a private seller and they never ship it and run off with my money :eek:

I was just wondering who else has bought a used ktuner.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Or I buy from a private seller and they never ship it and run off with my money :eek:

I was just wondering who else has bought a used ktuner.
i bought mine from a member on here. youre covered if you use a credit card with paypal and dont receive your item or it is defective.

i didnt have any issues with the 1 i bought though

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
FYI I bought a brand new Ktuner v1.2 brand new delivered for $380 during week of Black Friday, so don’t pay too much.
Some knucklehead on here i wont name.. supported selling USED PRL CAI for the price of a new one(i actually got my mew PRL cai cheaper then that knucklehead selling his used CAIs). people are evil inherently and selfishly look out for them selves. So i agree with you. Dont over pay for used.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
i got my v1.2 for 350 shipped. the member who sold it was fair and gave a good deal. but like this dude said, there are some idiots who try to sell their used stuff for retail price which is retarded. or they try selling stuff for more than you can get on ebay.

i also got my FP for a good price on ebay for 450 shipped.

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I got burned a number of years ago buying a used power commander for my Suzuki, thing was toasted, I sent it to Dynojet to try and fix it, they couldn’t and sold me a new one at a very nice discount, so thanks to the manufacturer I didn’t lose money. Buyer beware.

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag
You can buy mine. I won't scam you I promise. It comes with a tsp stg1 tune too.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag
are you getting rid of your si?
Yeah, if this caravana places buys it. I really love the car but the weak clutch makes me not want it. And the seats kind of hurt my back. Found this used s5 that I really like.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Yeah, if this caravana places buys it. I really love the car but the weak clutch makes me not want it. And the seats kind of hurt my back. Found this used s5 that I really like.
i totally understand i hate the weak clutch too. has yours been slipping as well after you flashed it?

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag
i totally understand i hate the weak clutch too. has yours been slipping as well after you flashed it?
yeah its slipping on anything but stock settings. I had the tune on for a good 4-6k before it started. the first day it got really cold it started. honda wrong for putting in a clutch that would slip with a simple tune. they did that shit on purpose.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
yeah its slipping on anything but stock settings. I had the tune on for a good 4-6k before it started. the first day it got really cold it started. honda wrong for putting in a clutch that would slip with a simple tune. they did that shit on purpose.
That does suck that they did it, but not the end of the world. Can easily be fixed for $600 + labor (unless you can do it yourself). As we know, solve this little clutch issue and this car can put down some nice power! Can't find a better overall new car for the price, not in my searches.

2018 Si FireFighter

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, 2010 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am interested in buying a ktuner but definitely not wanting to pay full retail. Anyone selling or have information on where to purchase for cheaper?
Sponsored