racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
Relatively stiff suspension (sport or normal), low profile tires, bad roads all contribute to a stiff ride. I notice it more as a passenger than a driver (as a driver you anticipate things like impacts, tugs on the steering wheel etc... less so as a passenger)
Sponsored

Civicbruh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2013 Kawasaki ZX6R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The ride in general is bumpy and rather loud. I usually end up hearing all the rocks flying around in the wheel well. I ended up getting lighter wheels so its even worse, but I knew this going in. Its a sacrifice for the performance/weight.

DrToothache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When my girlfriend is riding with me she always comments "what are you aiming for every pothole on the road?!". I have yet to hit an actual pothole in my Si, just normal cracks and bumps lol.
Once I finally kept sport mode off with her in the car she hasn't said a thing about ride quality. I think that the difference in adaptive suspension modes should be given more credit. I wonder if as the driver we notice it less since we still anticipate the imperfections on the road before driving over them, Sport mode or not.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Try turning the VSA off. That way it won't try to keep adjusting between soft and stiff. I find driving with the VSA off is more like cars used to feel like.

WorldRally17

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si, 2013 Scion FR-S, 2008 Mazda RX-8, 1983 Toyota Supra
Country flag
Since I come from the land best known for horrible roads, I can tell you I have noticed the bumps in the roads do get worse when the temp drops. My other car (a Scion FR-S) has coilovers and and it makes it really obvious when it is getting cold because certain roads start getting way bumpier and I need to start avoiding them or just put that car away for the winter. My guess is on a more softly sprung car it wouldn't be as noticeable but on a sporty car it's plain as day!

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Hey! I'm from IL as well, located out in Naperville. I know the dealership I got the car from over inflated the tries (and also didn't do the tpms calibration :doh:). Letting some of the air out helped along with driving in regular mode helped. I think the majority of the problem is that our roads are shitty.
More likely, the Dealer did not even touch the tires, and they are at the same higher pressure that they were set at for shipment from Honda.

I strongly suggest you also check the Torque on the wheel nuts .. they could be all over the place if they have not been checked, and re-torqued correctly.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Try turning the VSA off. That way it won't try to keep adjusting between soft and stiff. I find driving with the VSA off is more like cars used to feel like.
What does VSA have to do with the stiffness of the suspension. ?

ref: https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/OM/RL0000/RL0000O00189A.pdf

The Vehicle Stability Assist system
helps to stabilize the vehicle during
cornering if the car turns more or
less than desired. It also assists you
in maintaining traction while
accelerating on loose or slippery
road surfaces. It does this by
regulating the engine's output, and
by selectively applying braking.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Hey everyone have about 800 miles on my new Si and ive been noticing that i feel everysingle bump/deformity on the road. I didn’t notice it at first but now as I pay more attention I feel it more and more. Not sure if it’s because of the cold weather, as I live in chicago and were getting below 30 degrees with snow. Anyone with similar problems? is this normal or something I should look into?
The Si definitely has a stiffer ride, but as it breaks in it should smooth out. If you came from a car that has softer suspension then you will notice it more. But trust me, it is not as stiff as other cars. Try driving a Toyota 86, a WRX or a Focus RS as a daily driver and you will know stiff suspension

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

givemeadollar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey everyone have about 800 miles on my new Si and ive been noticing that i feel everysingle bump/deformity on the road. I didn’t notice it at first but now as I pay more attention I feel it more and more. Not sure if it’s because of the cold weather, as I live in chicago and were getting below 30 degrees with snow. Anyone with similar problems? is this normal or something I should look into?
Your car is fine, It's the fact that you live near chicago. We have 2 seasons winter and construction neither of which are good for nice cars and both cause a ridiculous amount of potholes. Good luck on dodging them!

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Test drive an S2k
lol yah! Or a 911 GT3.

I like the stiffness of the ride makes me know that i got more of a performance Civic then the others. I say if the stiff ride bothers ya the Si is not your car. I also had a Jetta with BC racing coilovers and that was a stiff ride, but even as my daily the set up on the Jetta was for auto x. I mean i maxed out front camber to -2 lol. Driving the Si reminds me of the Jetta just a little softer.

kakazsh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ROFL .. My father-in-law has a S2000 ... now that's a bone shaker !!
(and he drives it hard !!)
That's what made me chickened out of buying one, and got the Si later on.
Sponsored