Bulb Guide for 2017 Hatchback

ezkarabetis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just bought four LED bulbs from SuperBrightLEDS to replace my interior bulbs. I put reds in the map lights, a blue in the dome, and a super bright white in the cargo area. The dome and cargo lights are larger, but the map lights only fit shorter bulbs. I found that out the hard way. Luckily, SuperBrightLEDS creates RMA and return shipping labels for you if you need to send bulbs back. Really easy process. You can, obviously, pick different colors if you want them after you click on the link:

- Dome Light: 921-BHP9-T
- Cargo Light: 921-WHP9-T
- Map Lights: 194-RHP5 (the shorter bulbs)
Sponsored

Siqc Cafe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2000 Celica GT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just bought four LED bulbs from SuperBrightLEDS to replace my interior bulbs. I put reds in the map lights, a blue in the dome, and a super bright white in the cargo area. The dome and cargo lights are larger, but the map lights only fit shorter bulbs. I found that out the hard way. Luckily, SuperBrightLEDS creates RMA and return shipping labels for you if you need to send bulbs back. Really easy process. You can, obviously, pick different colors if you want them after you click on the link:

- Dome Light: 921-BHP9-T
- Cargo Light: 921-WHP9-T
- Map Lights: 194-RHP5 (the shorter bulbs)
So just to confirm the above is the correct fitment numbers?

ezkarabetis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So just to confirm the above is the correct fitment numbers?
Correct.

The links will take you directly to the correct bulb. This fitment is specifically for the 2017 Hatchback. I'm sure it's similar for the sedans and coupes, but I can't verify the trunk light.

Once again, the shorter bulb (1.07" long, 95 lumens in cool white, 34 lumens in red) is necessary for the map lights. They will not depress with the longer bulb (1.25" long, 150 lumens in cool white, 35 lumens in blue). The red in the map lights is definitely good enough for reading, and easy on the eyes. The blue in the dome looks great when it dims on and gives off enough light to see what's going on in the car. I'll try to get pictures tonight with my SLR if it's not raining.

Siqc Cafe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Correct.

The links will take you directly to the correct bulb. This fitment is specifically for the 2017 Hatchback. I'm sure it's similar for the sedans and coupes, but I can't verify the trunk light.

Once again, the shorter bulb (1.07" long, 95 lumens in cool white, 34 lumens in red) is necessary for the map lights. They will not depress with the longer bulb (1.25" long, 150 lumens in cool white, 35 lumens in blue). The red in the map lights is definitely good enough for reading, and easy on the eyes. The blue in the dome looks great when it dims on and gives off enough light to see what's going on in the car. I'll try to get pictures tonight with my SLR if it's not raining.
Awesome. Thank you for the detailed write up. I have a hatch too

GARz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback 2017 EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone know how many load resistors are needed for a 4 bulb LED swap-out of the turn signals. I have the rear taillights already swapped out with a 25watt 8ohm resistor for each side. Do I need to get more resistors if I am swapping out the turn signals for the front? Or is 1 per parallel line enough?

Siqc Cafe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone know how many load resistors are needed for a 4 bulb LED swap-out of the turn signals. I have the rear taillights already swapped out with a 25watt 8ohm resistor for each side. Do I need to get more resistors if I am swapping out the turn signals for the front? Or is 1 per parallel line enough?

Usually an LED electronic flasher would work. Goes in the fuse box under the hood. That's what I had did for my Celica. Should work for the newer cars... Just my 2 pennies.

Just suggesting... Instead of adding all those resistors

GARz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback 2017 EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Usually an LED electronic flasher would work. Goes in the fuse box under the hood. That's what I had did for my Celica. Should work for the newer cars... Just my 2 pennies.

Just suggesting... Instead of adding all those resistors
Don't think that's an option for the 10th gen civics

Inb4zombies

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Just to add to the map light discussion; I bought bulbs that were 1.14" (29mm) and they were too tall still! So it seems based on this post and my experience that 1" or 1.0x" is the max on the map lights.

ezkarabetis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just to add to the map light discussion; I bought bulbs that were 1.14" (29mm) and they were too tall still! So it seems based on this post and my experience that 1" or 1.0x" is the max on the map lights.
Yeah, the 1.07" bulb I bought was good, but still cutting it close. You can get plenty of light from a good bulb, though.