Built-In HUD (Heads-Up Display)

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
hrmm. i would love it except for 2 things.
i use the obd2 port for the ktuner 2.0
my wife is short and would have the display in her line of sight.
Sponsored

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
this is very interesting, i like it for the most part, distortion though would worry me a bunch which is very difficult to combat with a curved windshield like we have. how are you fighting the duel pane reflection? I know alot of the cheap aftermarket hud's have a see through sticker you place where it displays to prevent the double reflection - which i don't like the look of to be honest but it does its job.

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
this is very interesting, i like it for the most part, distortion though would worry me a bunch which is very difficult to combat with a curved windshield like we have. how are you fighting the duel pane reflection? I know alot of the cheap aftermarket hud's have a see through sticker you place where it displays to prevent the double reflection - which i don't like the look of to be honest but it does its job.
It's unfortunate, because I love the idea - but somehow I don't think you're going to get a response from OP. This was his one and only post. And he hasn't logged in since last August.

Anybody else have the technical savvy to rig up something like this? Clearly there's a market for such a product.

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yes but those just sit / stick on the dash, the original post the guy went through the process of installing it inside of the hood cover itself so it was hidden, at the right angle too. not something i would really want to trial and error to solve.

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
Country flag
Here’s one for you. Just found it. Kind of pricey but the complete kit.

C$ 426.14 | for Honda Civic 10th HUD head up display system multi-functional special car special use overspeed warning security alarm
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dVdvGpV

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
Looks good (but expensive). Anyone install this yet? Can't find any reviews on it.
I've been looking for reviews too, and haven't yet come across any. Even so, I'm toying with being the guinea pig. But, man, $300. Seller doesn't have great feedback, either.

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
Country flag
Yes, that one is a huge piece of S H I T. I bought one when I received it. You get a double image on the window because the window is double paned and it’s not designed for a heads up display. They give you this sticker to stick on the window, so it will only display on the sticker, but then you have this clear sticker stuck to your window. That’s kind of invasive and a Knogo for me. Also, the wiring came undone at the plug and it stopped working. I ended up trying to get my money back, but only got half.
Sponsored