Build Your 2017 Honda Civic Si Online Now!

jaserjaser

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic EX-T , 2016 honda accord v6 touring
Country flag
damn i just bought my 6speed ext last month and just email my sales manager to get a white one for me loll

LoveToDrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX MT, 2015 Si (RIP)
Dammit now suddenly black looks really good again... Undecided between black and white. Guess will have to see it in person to make the final decision.
I think the white Si looks really nice, but I worry about the panel gaps being too noticeable in this gen Civic.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Dammit now suddenly black looks really good again... Undecided between black and white. Guess will have to see it in person to make the final decision.
Indeed. I'm down to red, white, and black. I thought I had settled on red before the build page appeared. Now, I'm leaning towards black which also happens to be the only color that is currently scheduled to land at my dealer. It also helps hide those rather bulbous fake vents on the rear of the sedan. #FirstWorldProblems

Redglare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 si, 11' z34.
Indeed. I'm down to red, white, and black. I thought I had settled on red before the build page appeared. Now, I'm leaning towards black which also happens to be the only color that is currently scheduled to land at my dealer. It also helps hide those rather bulbous fake vents on the rear of the sedan. #FirstWorldProblems
black is a great color but you have to commit to learning how to detail properly, white doesn't show the sharp lines of this 10th gen and makes it look bulbous. This car is asking for a solid color

Blacklude4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Prelude VTEC, 1990 Civic EX hatch, 2018 civic Si coupe
Country flag
I was completely set on the blue once I saw the pictures from NYIAS show...but for some reason I keep coming back to this combo though. Never thought I would like gray!

Honda Civic 10th gen Build Your 2017 Honda Civic Si Online Now! si.PNG

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
black is a great color but you have to commit to learning how to detail properly, white doesn't show the sharp lines of this 10th gen and makes it look bulbous. This car is asking for a solid color
Tell me about it. I've had my share of black before.

Of the 24 vehicles I've owned so far...

25% (6) white
25% (6) black
13% (3) silver
8% (2) teal
8% (2) gray
8% (2) red
4% (1) purple
4% (1) blue
4% (1) green

Looking back, white and black have obviously been my favorite colors over the years and reflect the results of studies that rank color popularity. Since my Ridgeline is white which reflects my pure, honest, practical, responsible, mature, modern, and intelligent side; perhaps I should choose a black Si to represent my sinister and mysterious side. :)

As much as I truly dislike modifying vehicles from their factory design, I might consider having the stock Si wheels powder coated solid black. I like the look of the 19" HFP wheels, but I'm not interested in buying additional wheels and tires for a brand new vehicle which is likely to cost $2,000-$2,500 just for an appearance change.

Last edited:

Redglare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 si, 11' z34.
Tell me about it. I've had my share of black before.

Of the 24 vehicles I've owned so far...

25% (6) white
25% (6) black
13% (3) silver
8% (2) teal
8% (2) gray
8% (2) red
4% (1) purple
4% (1) blue
4% (1) green

Looking back, white and black have obviously been my favorite colors over the years and reflect the results of studies that rank color popularity. Since my Ridgeline is white which reflects my pure, honest, practical, responsible, mature, modern, and intelligent side; perhaps I should choose a black Si to represent my sinister and mysterious side. :)

As much as I truly dislike modifying vehicles from their factory design, I might consider having the stock Si wheels powder coated solid black. I like the look of the 19" HFP wheels, but I'm not interested in buying additional wheels and tires for a brand new vehicle which is likely to cost $2,000-$2,500 just for an appearance change.
mmmm black and white honda could be pretty fun, I never owned a black before but from all my friends with black sprots cars, its a huge pain, if you dry a black car with the wrong towel its gona look like you took some sand paper to it.
my 350z is san marino blue (might as well be black) though, and its a huge pain to deal with the paint... it looks so good when its clean though, at night it looks black in the daytime it has a dark purple sheen to it.

Honda Civic 10th gen Build Your 2017 Honda Civic Si Online Now! 739802

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
I was completely set on the blue once I saw the pictures from NYIAS show...but for some reason I keep coming back to this combo though. Never thought I would like gray!
Gray and red always look nice together, but beware of the difference between seeing a well-lit and brushed up image with perfect lighting on the computer screen and seeing the actual car in real life.
I like that image a lot, but every time I see a gray car on the street, something dies in me a little... :D
All kidding aside though -- just a word of caution, FWIW. There's a huge difference there, IME.

Blacklude4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Prelude VTEC, 1990 Civic EX hatch, 2018 civic Si coupe
Country flag
I totally get what you are saying-will definitely have to wait and see these in person. I haven't seen the MSM up close. The biggest thing that throws me off of any grey, is when the flakes throw off a brown tinge in certain lighting...makes me think the car is dirty!!

I love black myself, my current Prelude is black. Spent countless hours keeping her looking good when I was a young buck...now...not so much! I will never own another black vehicle due to the fact I just don't have the time or dedication to keep up on the detailing...but IMO nothing looks better than a correctly detailed black paint job! That puts me at white, blue or Modern Steel...can't wait to see these up close!

MGZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, Previously 2016 EX-L (50k miles)
Country flag
I totally get what you are saying-will definitely have to wait and see these in person. I haven't seen the MSM up close. The biggest thing that throws me off of any grey, is when the flakes throw off a brown tinge in certain lighting...makes me think the car is dirty!!

I love black myself, my current Prelude is black. Spent countless hours keeping her looking good when I was a young buck...now...not so much! I will never own another black vehicle due to the fact I just don't have the time or dedication to keep up on the detailing...but IMO nothing looks better than a correctly detailed black paint job! That puts me at white, blue or Modern Steel...can't wait to see these up close!
Honda Civic 10th gen Build Your 2017 Honda Civic Si Online Now! wp_20160521_18_30_11_pro-

FYI, this is how the MSM looks in regular lighting (not sure who's car this is). If you look at more pictures, it seems like it picks up a blueish/purple tone to it instead of that nice gunmetal.
Honda Civic 10th gen Build Your 2017 Honda Civic Si Online Now! new-2017-honda-civic_coupe-lxcvt-8498-15624830-4-1024

I wish they replaced it with the polished metal metallic from the hatchback, looks a bit more like the build color. But, I think you're right, we'll need to see them in person to decide!
Honda Civic 10th gen Build Your 2017 Honda Civic Si Online Now! img_0050-