Bugs Inside on Windshield

1. shayansiddiqi3

shayansiddiqi3 ssiddiqi3

First Name:
    Shayan
    Car(s):
    Honda Civic 2017 EX-T
    Hey guys,

I own a 2017 Honda Civic EX-T, wondering if any of yall have this problem as well? Since I've gotten the car I have noticed there are small fruitflies like bugs that often come from somewhere inside the car. The only reason I have noticed them is they are crawling on the windshield (from inside). Obv I killed them and all, but does anybody deal with this issue? Is it a Civic problem or is it just me?

Lol post kinda random but maybe somebody has the same issue as me.

2. schmiddr2

schmiddr2 Senior Member

Car(s):
    2016 EX-L
    They are coming from outside. There must be holes in the car that are easy access for bugs. I have had spiders in my car building webs on the windshield and A-pillar. I don't leave the winds down ever. Never had that with my Avalon.

3. Hondaman_MI

Hondaman_MI Senior Member

Car(s):
    17' Civic EX-T
    My wife got a essential oil diffuser for our Civic. Plugs into USB port and fits perfectly in the cup holder tray that slides. Peppermint oil or citronella would keep the bugs away. This isn't mine, but it looks the same:

38216665_1842071555831056_1069480589377142784_n.jpg

4. CivicXI

CivicXI Senior Member

Design and Engineering
    Car(s):
    Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
    If you drive around in the winter, the layer of condensed oil on the inside of the windshield will do wonders for your vision when water vapor starts condensing.