Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As the title says...
save your money and
Do NOT buy these 2 together. They are incompatible due to an extremely tight fit that restricts the movement of the Acuity Instruments Rocker.

This has been my PSA.
Oh not exactly a negative post because these 2 items are beautiful in design.

Honda Civic 10th gen Buddy Club Short Shifter w Acuity Rocker 20180711_141031
Sponsored

R3D5IVE

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Hatchback MT6, 2002 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road MT5
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very good to know. I was just about ready to order these two items.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As the title says...
save your money and
Do NOT buy these 2 together. They are incompatible due to an extremely tight fit that restricts the movement of the Acuity Instruments Rocker.

This has been my PSA.

20180711_141031.jpg
How much for the rocker arm lol? Part out?

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
If Amazon says I can't return it since... it's actually missing a purple washer...
I believe lightning motorsports was the vendor (via Amazon) that you purchased this from. If so, the missing purple washer is on its way to you (along with some swag). :)

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic LX Sedan - 1998 Civic Hatch - TBD Turbo Something - 2014 Honda Ruckus - 2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As the title says...
save your money and

This has been my PSA.

20180711_141031.jpg
What exact issue did you experience? Did you actually get the Acuity arm onto the Buddy Club unit? I'm asking because I just installed my Buddy Club shift unit and all the Acuity items and don't seem to have any issues..

Just curious what your issues were?

OP
OP
RiceFingaz

RiceFingaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What exact issue did you experience? Did you actually get the Acuity arm onto the Buddy Club unit? I'm asking because I just installed my Buddy Club shift unit and all the Acuity items and don't seem to have any issues..

Just curious what your issues were?
The rocker was just too tight and restricted side to side shifting. Forward and aft had no problem.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The rocker was just too tight and restricted side to side shifting. Forward and aft had no problem.
The point of the rocker is to limit or restrict the side to side movement though lol

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
The point of the rocker is to limit or restrict the side to side movement though lol
I think he means there was excessive friction. (please correct me if I'm wrong) We used to try to provide part compatibility with other brands, like BC's products, but it became so difficult to know if a manufacturer would make a change that we didn't know about, that we were forced to stop offering compatibility data to avoid providing bad (or dated) data.

~russ

OP
OP
RiceFingaz

RiceFingaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think he means there was excessive friction. (please correct me if I'm wrong) We used to try to provide part compatibility with other brands, like BC's products, but it became so difficult to know if a manufacturer would make a change that we didn't know about, that we were forced to stop offering compatibility data to avoid providing bad (or dated) data.

~russ
This is exactly the problem. I actually had to really muscle it side by side. The friction area of the rocker was the part that's closest to where the screw and washer go through (if that makes any sense).

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic LX Sedan - 1998 Civic Hatch - TBD Turbo Something - 2014 Honda Ruckus - 2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is exactly the problem. I actually had to really muscle it side by side. The friction area of the rocker was the part that's closest to where the screw and washer go through (if that makes any sense).
I think you don't understand that way it should feel.. The Buddy Club unit should have the same rocker as the OEM unit, they stated only the shifter lever itself was modified. After driving it a few days you get used to how tight it feels and the gear placement/alignment, this is how a sport shifter should feel. You shouldn't be able to slam it side to side with ease, that is the point. To each there own, you could always wait for Acuity to launch there unit!

OP
OP
RiceFingaz

RiceFingaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think you don't understand that way it should feel.. The Buddy Club unit should have the same rocker as the OEM unit, they stated only the shifter lever itself was modified. After driving it a few days you get used to how tight it feels and the gear placement/alignment, this is how a sport shifter should feel. You shouldn't be able to slam it side to side with ease, that is the point. To each there own, you could always wait for Acuity to launch there unit!
There was no ease with side to side movement at all. Up and down was no problem, extremely smooth. It was that tight of a fit that nearly restricted all side to side movement and it wouldn't sit in center of neutral naturally. It was that extreme tight fit. If I only could post a video of how it was... it was arm wrestling and tricep day shifting it. The spring couldn't even move it back to center.

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There was no ease with side to side movement at all. Up and down was no problem, extremely smooth. It was that tight of a fit that nearly restricted all side to side movement and it wouldn't sit in center of neutral naturally. It was that extreme tight fit. If I only could post a video of how it was... it was arm wrestling and tricep day shifting it. The spring couldn't even move it back to center.
Out of curiosity, did you install the rocker on your oem unit to compare the feel that you experienced with the other set-up?

OP
OP
RiceFingaz

RiceFingaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Out of curiosity, did you install the rocker on your oem unit to compare the feel that you experienced with the other set-up?
Yes. I've driven/raced cars with aftermarket short shifters before and you're not suppose to use all the muscle I did just to move to center neutral.

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes. I've driven/raced cars with aftermarket short shifters before and you're not suppose to use all the muscle I did just to move to center neutral.
I didn't ask if you ever raced or drove anything, I asked if you put the rocker onto the oem shifter to compare what you felt. You cannot compare products to other cars / products. Come on dude..
Sponsored