samji

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 1996 Accord V6 EX-L
Country flag
No, thank you. I'll gladly pass. I can think of other fun things than hand brake turning a car or fanboying Ken Block.
He was being sarcastic man loll
Sponsored

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag

CivilciviC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I guess. Honda civic must be the beacon of performance, not an entry level car.

I keep forgetting i am on a civic forum so fwd is the best solution rather than the simplest, cheapest and easiest to drive by the masses.
Are you a pro driver? No? Hmmm sounds like the R is perfect for you then.

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
Are you a pro driver? No? Hmmm sounds like the R is perfect for you then.
When i compete i like to do it full out vs half assed, so in the context of tracking or racing a car I’d like every advantage thrown my way. Otherwise whats the point of competing?

CivilciviC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Ok so you're just like everyone else at the track and not a pro driver, thanks for confirming.

You're still convinced you have an advantage. Adorable. :)

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
Ok so you're just like everyone else at the track and not a pro driver, thanks for confirming.

You're still convinced you have an advantage. Adorable. :)
No, not I. The setup potential.

But you posted only to demean or make fun of me so I understand your poor comprehension of this content material so far. Keep at it. :thumbsup:

The Type R outperforms the BMW M2/3/4 on the track. Can you even name a 300 horsepower 3000lb rwd car that outperforms the Type R on the track?
Say I do, would that settle it for you?

samji

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 1996 Accord V6 EX-L
Country flag
The Type R outperforms the BMW M2/3/4 on the track. Can you even name a 300 horsepower 3000lb rwd car that outperforms the Type R on the track?
By outperform, do you mean lap times? I don't think the CTR beats the M2/3/4 on most tracks except on the nurgburgring, but I may be wrong .. I can see them being slower on an auto-x course but I don't think the CTR can clock in quicker laptimes on the larger tracks in my area (buttonwillow/laguna/sonoma/thunderhill). At least stock for stock anyway.

R MODE

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R Championship White
Country flag
Hey FlexRex, do you do trackdays in Arizona?

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
Hey FlexRex, do you do trackdays in Arizona?
I don’t unfortunately. Was prepping a car for nasa tt but I never got to seeing it thru. Life happened in between and side tracked me for a bit. And what do you know, it’s a fwd. Do you?

I am not dissing the ctr. I was simply saying that best track setup is mid engine rwd. You’d think that not to be such a controversial statement. But fanboys gotta defend their ctr as if I’m saying something against it specifically.

@thatonedaveguy .. I’d think that’s a given that rwd is better in some scenarios. Just as fwd is too.

OP
OP

Kevin29

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BRZ Honda CRV
Country flag
Late to the party, but I, too, sold my '13 BRZ as soon as I found my '17 CTR. I don't miss the BRZ one bit, as the R does pretty much everything better in my opinion.
yeah i bet!
Yeah, i think i am gonna wait till early spring to make my decision, no use driving a new or nice Type R in a snow belt for this winter. Plus selling mine right now in the winter isn't gonna work to well and this car has already seen snow and salt for 4 winters , one more isn't gonna hurt it.

R MODE

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R Championship White
Country flag
I don’t unfortunately. Was prepping a car for nasa tt but I never got to seeing it thru. Life happened in between and side tracked me for a bit. And what do you know, it’s a fwd. Do you?

I am not dissing the ctr. I was simply saying that best track setup is mid engine rwd. You’d think that not to be such a controversial statement. But fanboys gotta defend their ctr as if I’m saying something against it specifically.

@thatonedaveguy .. I’d think that’s a given that rwd is better in some scenarios. Just as fwd is too.
I know the best set up for racing is MR, you can't argue with Formula 1. If there was a better set up they would be running it. I haven't gotten to track my Civic yet but plan on it. I've got a million racing miles on the local tracks as I was a Pro motorcycle racer for 20 years. I'm very curious how close I can get to the lap times I used to do on my Honda RC51.

I wasn't busting your balls my friend, just chatting up a neighbor.

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
yeah i bet!
Yeah, i think i am gonna wait till early spring to make my decision, no use driving a new or nice Type R in a snow belt for this winter. Plus selling mine right now in the winter isn't gonna work to well and this car has already seen snow and salt for 4 winters , one more isn't gonna hurt it.
This is the best time to get a Type R to be honest. Because they're hard to move in the winter you're more likely to get a better deal on one.

OP
OP

Kevin29

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BRZ Honda CRV
Country flag
This is the best time to get a Type R to be honest. Because they're hard to move in the winter you're more likely to get a better deal on one.
Well, the price of the Type R is good but my trade in is horrific due to being a BRZ and winter time. :( 2 places said they really don't even want my car at this time in the winter. So selling it outright would be the best thing then throw that on the R.

OP
OP

Kevin29

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BRZ Honda CRV
Country flag
Well, i got a chance to test drive a Type R last week. It was impressive! very comfortable etc. The rev match was a little weird at first but got used to it quickly, Great car!! Gonna drive an Si next if i can find one, kinda scarce locally atm. especially a coupe, i did drive one last year and it was pretty nice also but just a very very short trip. hmmm
Sponsored