Brought home a White 2016 Civic EX-L today

pinoyBalot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Acura MDX, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Traded-in my 04 Acura TSX, solid car, never had a problem for over 10 years. I wasn't really planning on buying the car today (maybe in a month or 2) because I thought they won't sell the car lower than the MSRP but they offered me something that I couldn't resist.

Honda Civic 10th gen Brought home a White 2016 Civic EX-L today 12231354_902812036471947_36507290_n
Sponsored

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
First white car delivered to CivicX member! Congratulations.

Love the car in white. Is that Taffeta White or White Orchid? Impressions?

Can you share what kind of deal you got - sounds like under MSRP? :thumbsup:

civvie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Beauty. Share a review with us when you can. Curious how it compares to the TSX.

Regi_Derrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Country flag
Traded-in my 04 Acura TSX, solid car, never had a problem for over 10 years. I wasn't really planning on buying the car today (maybe in a month or 2) because I thought they won't sell the car lower than the MSRP but they offered me something that I couldn't resist.

12231354_902812036471947_36507290_n.jpg
Congrats! looks like its Honda of Kenosha??? I lived in Milwaukee for two years, became real familiar with all the dealers in MKE and Northern Illinois! Sharp!

Razer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HR-V
That has to be White Orchid Pearl as the other white is only available on the LX model.

I have WOP on my HR-V and it is beautiful. We had black before this and WOP is so, so much better. EDIT - here is a link to my HR-V in WOP and there are some nice close up shots of the paint in the sun so you can see what it looks like clearly when clean. I love clean cars as these photos show lol.

http://www.hrvforum.com/forum/474-h...r-new-tint-some-detailing-done-i-m-happy.html

benjaminh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX Orchid
Congrats! Beautiful car. Love the color. May we ask the price you got? Like someone else, I'd be interested in how it compares to your old TSX.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That has to be White Orchid Pearl as the other white is only available on the LX model.

I have WOP on my HR-V and it is beautiful. We had black before this and WOP is so, so much better. EDIT - here is a link to my HR-V in WOP and there are some nice close up shots of the paint in the sun so you can see what it looks like clearly when clean. I love clean cars as these photos show lol.

http://www.hrvforum.com/forum/474-h...r-new-tint-some-detailing-done-i-m-happy.html
Thanks for the pictures. My wife's HRV is Milano Red. I didn't check out the white. A new Civic would be for me and WOP is my choice. (Rallye Red isn't available in Canada) Haven't seen how pearly this white is so the pictures really help.

Last edited:

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would think $20,700 is about right on the actual purchase price for an EXL.

tomljc2016

Honda Exterior Designer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Solara 2004
Would u mind to share how much you got it for? It would be very helpful for the people here to bargain a reasonable deal

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
When you do a trade it can be a manipulation of numbers. Like if trade worth or what they are willing to give is five k they can say we can give you 4500 then in negotiations act like we'll discount car another five hundred etc

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
So how are you liking the feel of car? What are your thoughts on everything?

OP
OP

pinoyBalot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Acura MDX, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
I paid for the MSRP. I believe that Honda is pushing for the MSRP for the first batch until there is enough inventory. However, they jacked up the price of my trade-in car which is way above KBB value. 2 other dealerships valued my car $500 below KBB value. I was actually aiming for the Touring model but decided to just get the EX-L, don't need the extra features on the Touring model. The EX-L is already more than enough for me, saved some money here for future mods. I think a I had a good deal plus there was no hassle... probably the easiest car buying experience I've had. I just told them my requirements and they worked on it, there was no waiting game! And yes, this was Honda of Kenosha in Wisconsin. If you're close to this dealership, I recommend to try them.

Now for the car review...
I am really impressed with the quality of materials and technology they put into this car. The digital gauge cluster is mind blowing and the 7" touch screen is awesome. I can tell you that this is not an economy car anymore, it's comparable to an entry level luxury car. I was considering the ILX before, test drove it and set to buy that car but when I heard that the new Civic will be out this November, I am glad that I waited because IMHO, there's really no reason to buy the ILX anymore. The new Civic is quiet, not comparable to Lexus but it is quiet. Steering is precise and responsive but I like the handling of my TSX more and this is probably the only thing that will be missed with my TSX... the rest is better on the Civic. Ride is well balanced, not too firm and not soft either. Engine seems strong (haven't really pushed it yet) but I just don't like the engine sound, it is not manly IMO, LOL.

- Impressive interior (design and quality)
- Good handling
- Quiet car, finally Honda!
- Leather seats are comfortable
- Last but not least, Excellent value for the money!

Dislikes:
- Wheel design in EX-L is ugly IMO. Will definitely change the wheels.
- No Homelink :(
- The shifter is too close to the phone compartment when in Parked position. If you have big phone like iphone 6 plus, it's hard to take out.
- Engine sound is not manly :)
- Weak sound system. No bass.

P.S.
On my way to the dealership, I spotted the test mule of the new 2017 Hyundai Elantra at I94. There were 2 of them, 1 is fully covered and the other is partially covered. I think that car also looks good but the new Civic is better IMO :)

Attachments

Last edited:

firstblud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Thanks for the review ^. Enjoyed reading it. What are your impressions on the sound system? Did you get a chance to compare it to the touring?
Sponsored