Broken side mirror :(

Zange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WoP Civic Touring
Country flag
So I work in New York City and well today they closed my street which I normally park my car. So I was forced to park a few blocks down. Once they opened my street where I work again I chose to get my car and this is what I find. The person was kind enough to pick up the pieces they broke and place them all on my windshield. The mirror did not break it seemed to have been hit from the lip of the camera which was tucked in. I would hate to assume it was delibrit as I was tucked in more then the vans in that street with not a mark on but what can I say. Anyone recently replace a sidemirror , if so how much was the total replacement cost.

Honda Civic 10th gen Broken side mirror :( IMG_4041.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
Zange

Zange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WoP Civic Touring
Country flag
Last edited:

OP
OP
Zange

Zange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WoP Civic Touring
Country flag
So just an update bought replacement parts for it. Comes two parts cover and then the assembly w/ camera. totaled $338 and labor was $125. but this morning I wanted to see what it looked like in the daylight since I got it back last night and I discovered they took the old cover and just added that to the new assembly. So when i called honda about it they replyed to me with, "Oops sorry we forgot to mention that the part you payed for never came in so we placed your old cover." They asked to come in saturday to get it changed no labor cost. Honda service techs at there best if you dont notice things they wont say anything.

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
So just an update bought replacement parts for it. Comes two parts cover and then the assembly w/ camera. totaled $338 and labor was $125. but this morning I wanted to see what it looked like in the daylight since I got it back last night and I discovered they took the old cover and just added that to the new assembly. So when i called honda about it they replyed to me with, "Oops sorry we forgot to mention that the part you payed for never came in so we placed your old cover." They asked to come in saturday to get it changed no labor cost. Honda service techs at there best if you dont notice things they wont say anything.
Is this just a unbolt, replace, plug and play, then re-bolt back ?

OP
OP
Zange

Zange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WoP Civic Touring
Country flag
Is this just a unbolt, replace, plug and play, then re-bolt back ?
The assembly is bolts plug and play unless you have the lane watch which mine came with and that you need to go through a free things to get it to work again. Including printing out a pattern to get it to focus which is why I just Honda deal with it . The cover just snap off and on easily.

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
The assembly is bolts plug and play unless you have the lane watch which mine came with and that you need to go through a free things to get it to work again. Including printing out a pattern to get it to focus which is why I just Honda deal with it . The cover just snap off and on easily.
My car also has lane watch although I don't use it. The toggling back and forth wasn't for me. I didn't realize though it needed to be focused, I figured it was all seated together in the assembly unit and once bolted just provided a basic viewing pan. Interesting. Hopefully you get it taken care of. The person who put the piece on your car should have left contact info as well. Shame people are so inconsiderate these days.
Sponsored