Brembo bedding procedure?

spacegg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 #739 & '20 FK7 (me) & '24 Seqouia (wifey)
Country flag
sorry if this has been covered, but i have only seen posts about breaking in the engine, and i agree with the take it easy break in method. This will be my first car with Brembos, and i wanted to hear everybody's 2cents about bedding these bad boys in! Go
Sponsored

jtrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic Hybrid, 2010 Accord Crosstour, Rallye Red CTR
sorry if this has been covered, but i have only seen posts about breaking in the engine, and i agree with the take it easy break in method. This will be my first car with Brembos, and i wanted to hear everybody's 2cents about bedding these bad boys in! Go
I haven't noticed it yet but it's here somewhere. Probably the normal procedure a series of stops from varying speeds

JJAY8175

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord 2007 Honda civic SI 97 Subaru Legacy 17 CTR CW #3892
Country flag
For the first 200 miles no hard braking

Ruckus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R. 2012 Honda Ruckus. 2001 civic sedan. 2012 accord sedan.
Country flag
i just pulled up the brake bleeding procedure for the type r on Honda iN, looks like the standard procedure, same as normal bleeding.

Phantisy

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.primalsynthetics.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda Fit Sport, 17 Honda CTR
Country flag
i just pulled up the brake bleeding procedure for the type r on Honda iN, looks like the standard procedure, same as normal bleeding.
He isn't asking for bleeding, he is asking for bedding. Here is the bedding procedure from brembo.

Honda Civic 10th gen Brembo bedding procedure? Screenshot_20170619-092245

Ruckus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R. 2012 Honda Ruckus. 2001 civic sedan. 2012 accord sedan.
Country flag
hahahaha sorry totally read the title wrong. my apologies. its early man haven't had my coffee yet :banghead:

OP
OP

spacegg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 #739 & '20 FK7 (me) & '24 Seqouia (wifey)
Country flag
He isn't asking for bleeding, he is asking for bedding. Here is the bedding procedure from brembo.

Screenshot_20170619-092245.png
Thanks Phantisy :) this is what i found from brembo also. Not sure how to pull it off right after purchase in traffic. Plus, who the hell knows what the tech did during pdi

Phantisy

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.primalsynthetics.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda Fit Sport, 17 Honda CTR
Country flag
Thanks Phantisy :) this is what i found from brembo also. Not sure how to pull it off right after purchase in traffic. Plus, who the hell knows what the tech did during pdi
I know. Hard to say what happened before and during PDI. Can only hope for the best.

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
At the risk of staying the obvious, new car break-in and bedding are two different things with two different objectives.

Brake system break-in: Going easy for the first couple hundred kms gets rid of assembly coatings that are put on new car brake systems and is very nice for the rotors.

Brake pad bedding: you can do a bedding procedure as above, but I would do the break-in first. Anecdotally, doing the steps sequentially worked perfectly on the Si that I had this weekend.

chanman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R - Champ White
Country flag
resurrecting this old thread... first car I've ever owned with Brembos, and I'm now just noticing a lot of squeal (9k miles in), almost thinking that my front pads are worn, but they're not since the wear pin is far from the disc.

question is, am I SOL to do the break-in at the miles I'm at? should I try to do the break-in still anyway? Thoughts?

appreciate any help!
Sponsored