Break Pedal Squeak

rhraziel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
For a while now, I would hear a squeak when I lifted my foot off the brake pedal after having it depressed. I finally decided to try to find/fix it a couple of days ago. After some indiscriminate spraying of WD40 on anything that moved when i depressed the brake pedal, I noticed that the squeaking MOSTLY went away when I sprayed the little part circled in the picture that acted like a piston when then pedal was depressed.

The WD40 helped a little (and was very messy) but what totally fixed the squeak was smearing some Vaseline onto that same part.

Honda Civic 10th gen Break Pedal Squeak 20190207_171515
Sponsored

Olim

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
You may have just solved the issue I'm having with my civic HB. Will try, thank you!

Olim

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Good luck!
Yeah I definitely have the same squeak, I used my hand to depress the brake pedal and could hear the squeak coming out where the small "nipple" part of the brown circle is. I also used WD-40 very messily (had to use trash bags to cover).

My squeak is still there, how did you apply vaseline to the area? Just molded it into every crack or was the a specific location in the circle?

OP
OP

rhraziel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Yeah I definitely have the same squeak, I used my hand to depress the brake pedal and could hear the squeak coming out where the small "nipple" part of the brown circle is. I also used WD-40 very messily (had to use trash bags to cover).

My squeak is still there, how did you apply vaseline to the area? Just molded it into every crack or was the a specific location in the circle?
I just depressed the pedal and put as much vassoline as I could on and around the internal piston rod thing. My squeak has been back for a couple of weeks though so it only lasted me maybe 2 and a half months. I'm going to try lithium grease from a spray can this time just because that's the only other thing I have around.

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
For a while now, I would hear a squeak when I lifted my foot off the brake pedal after having it depressed. I finally decided to try to find/fix it a couple of days ago. After some indiscriminate spraying of WD40 on anything that moved when i depressed the brake pedal, I noticed that the squeaking MOSTLY went away when I sprayed the little part circled in the picture that acted like a piston when then pedal was depressed.

The WD40 helped a little (and was very messy) but what totally fixed the squeak was smearing some Vaseline onto that same part.

20190207_171515.jpg
Oh man, this might be my issue! When i press the brake its all good, release the brake to get on the gas and SQUEEK. Ill try this. Thank you

Olim

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I wouldn't advise to put Vaseline on this switch as it will freeze during the winter, just smear a bit of silicone grease or white grease in a spray can.
Yeah thanks, definitely want something that lasts for the future. Squeak on the brake is still there when I lift off my foot, so I'll try out the grease. Don't know how thr squeak started, or just poor lubrication.

Thank you!

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
Yeah thanks, definitely want something that lasts for the future. Squeak on the brake is still there when I lift off my foot, so I'll try out the grease. Don't know how thr squeak started, or just poor lubrication.

Thank you!
Just for the record I had the same issue of the squeak when i lift my foot. I used White Lithium grease on the part the OP highlighted and the squeak has gone.

SuperTony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic RS 1.5T
Country flag

20190207_171515.jpg
I don’t know if you still have the sample squeaky sound after a while?
I tried to lube the piston as shown on your photo, but the squeak is still there, I can use my finger and push the piston and hear that loud squeaky sound. What I have tried: wd-40, motul lub spray, w50 engine oil, white grease.
It still there...

fitter_here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2016 Sedan
Country flag