1.5T Brand new '19 hatch: Waiting period before mods?

raulnor516

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I'm absolutely loving my new CVT Hatch, and I'm really excited to start flashing and modding to get the most out of it. I ride motorcycles as well, so I'm a bit of a performance addict and I'd really like to get some more oomph out of this car. The main concern I had is how many miles should I put on this car before I start messing with stuff? I want to make sure that I catch any manufacturing defects that can be fixed with the warranty, but I don't know what a good mileage to aim for would be.

The mods I'm wanting to install (probably in this order too):
Kflash 2.0 OTS tunes
27Won CAI
27Won Front-pipe back exhaust
27Won Front pipe
27Won Turbo upgrade

Depending on what the noise levels are like after all of that (this is my only car, still have motorcycles, and kids will be riding in this sometimes) I might also go for a catted downpipe and rear engine mount.

If this order is bad, or if there's something obvious I'm missing, please let me know, as well as what a reasonable engine testing period would be prior to modding. Thanks guys!
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Personally, I always wait til after my first oil change to start modding power related stuff. Works for me. :cool:

PEPSIFLAME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As the user above says, wait til after your first oil change. With mods, I tend to go with wheels, tires, and suspension first. Then, a mix of power, chassis stiffening, and cooling mods.

With my Civic, I'll most likely start with a CAI and FSTB as my first mods. 27WON should have their FSTB around the time I'm ready to buy.
Sponsored