ms2456

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
2016 - 17,000 miles
As I would gradually apply the brakes at around 30mpg, the pedal would drop...like it had lost slight pressure. Took it in twice and they diagnosed as a leaking Master Cylinder (something they had never see before). The MC and booster was replaced. Same issue after with the pedal dropping. Twice they flushed and it's still doing it. I'm reading other sites that air could still be in the lines...possible the ABS module. Anyone having similar situation or thoughts on the matter? Thanks!!
Sponsored

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Country flag
2016 - 17,000 miles
As I would gradually apply the brakes at around 30mpg, the pedal would drop...like it had lost slight pressure. Took it in twice and they diagnosed as a leaking Master Cylinder (something they had never see before). The MC and booster was replaced. Same issue after with the pedal dropping. Twice they flushed and it's still doing it. I'm reading other sites that air could still be in the lines...possible the ABS module. Anyone having similar situation or thoughts on the matter? Thanks!!
Haven't had that problem personally but bleeding the brakes at each wheel starting with right rear to left rear and so on going furthest to closest to Master cylinder should completely remove air from the entire system including the ABS, if it doesn't it can always be bench bled, pain in the ass, but a dealer should be able to fire the ABS while bleeding to help with bleeding it, not something most techs are familiar with tho