Brake Pad questions (UK / EU)

First Name
Civvy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I'm having trouble finding brake pads for the type r (non stock) is it ok to mix and match front and rears i.e Hawks on the front stocks on the rear? Should they be the same all around?

Can find front pads easy enough online but really struggling to find rears, especially from the one provider as shipping from US to Ireland is expensive so ideally both sold from the same company in same order.

Thanks
Sponsored

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Yes it is ok to mix and match but make sure you know what you’re doing when mixing compounds or consult a tuning shop before buying pads. The CTR shares the same brake pad shape as the STI and EVO X. Rear pads are the same across all 10th gen civics. I personally am running Raybestos ST43 front pads and Project MU Club Racer rear pads

veehexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK2R
Country flag
while i dont have much experience with mixing brakes, i'd be looking at same heat range and similar mu values - idealy with a similar performance vs heat curve too.
on the FK2, i've use Dixcel Z rear and pmu hc800's front. pmu's replaced and now using PBS Prorace up front, but only been used on road so far. I'm really like the PBS's on road.
problem is i cant be 100% sure as last trackday i did was running on (as i found out yesterday) partially loose tie bar/stopper link so i found the car squirming a lot under braking which i dont recall being so bad on the previous trackday last year.

https://tdi-north.store/collections/fk8-brakes listing all round spoon brakes...

FK8_Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FK8 Type R, Volvo V40 D4 R Design, Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost
Country flag
I’m currently running Performance Friction PF08 pads in the front and Hawk Performance ceramic in the rear.

I’m also in the UK if that helps
Sponsored