ttballs51186

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si sedan 1.5T
Country flag
I purchased 2018 Civic Si 1.5T brand new! I was so excited that I put in a cold air intake, and got a new sound system (Amp/Subwoofer). I got the car tuned (Stock tune) Hondata. After driving for about 250-500 miles, the car starts coding. Electric Parking brake problem, brake system problem, hill start assist problem, brake hold system problem are the codes showing on my dash. I took it into Honda, and they did a software update. Got rid of the problem, for about a week, then those codes happened all over again. Took it again back to Honda and they repeated the process.... now it’s happened a third time and I have no idea why. Could it possibly be the wiring from the subwoofer? I’m curious if anyone else has had this problem.
Sponsored

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I purchased 2018 Civic Si 1.5T brand new! I was so excited that I put in a cold air intake, and got a new sound system (Amp/Subwoofer). I got the car tuned (Stock tune) Hondata. After driving for about 250-500 miles, the car starts coding. Electric Parking brake problem, brake system problem, hill start assist problem, brake hold system problem are the codes showing on my dash. I took it into Honda, and they did a software update. Got rid of the problem, for about a week, then those codes happened all over again. Took it again back to Honda and they repeated the process.... now it’s happened a third time and I have no idea why. Could it possibly be the wiring from the subwoofer? I’m curious if anyone else has had this problem.
When you flash you'll always have those 3 errors. It'll eventually go away.

OP
OP

ttballs51186

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You just made my day. I hope that’s the case. Thank you

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
When you flash you'll always have those 3 errors. It'll eventually go away.
I've been on the TSP Stage 1 tune for over 10K and I have never once had any errors codes popping up

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been on the TSP Stage 1 tune for over 10K and I have never once had any errors codes popping up
In my previous car, the 2017 civic hatchback whenever I would flash I would get 2-3 different error codes and they would clear up after driving for a few.
In my new car, I don't recall getting any errors.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
In my previous car, the 2017 civic hatchback whenever I would flash I would get 2-3 different error codes and they would clear up after driving for a few.
In my new car, I don't recall getting any errors.
It's probably the CAI causing the codes. Just a guess

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No. They are not functioning. Sport works, but not brake/hold
That's very odd. Those two things are right next to eachother. Have you ever taken apart the center console? To install a shiftboot or anything like that? Seems like a physical problem with the buttons / harness.

takierosales

First Name
Romeo Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 1.8e
Country flag
Same issues with mine. Goes away for awhile then it goes back! Were you able to resolve it?

OP
OP

ttballs51186

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Same issues with mine. Goes away for awhile then it goes back! Were you able to resolve it?
I have gone to Honda 4 times.... it just came back on.... AGAIN! The car has 32,068 miles on it. I have PRL CAI and I have gotten a 12” subwoofer with amp installed professionally (paid top dollar). Honda tells me that it has nothing to do with Colda Air Intake or wiring from subwoofer, and they are continuing to have warranty cover it. But I’m at my wits end. This is the fifth time I have to take it in again.can you please message me if your Honda finds the problem? Same goes for me if I find out the problem.

takierosales

First Name
Romeo Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 1.8e
Country flag
I have gone to Honda 4 times.... it just came back on.... AGAIN! The car has 32,068 miles on it. I have PRL CAI and I have gotten a 12” subwoofer with amp installed professionally (paid top dollar). Honda tells me that it has nothing to do with Colda Air Intake or wiring from subwoofer, and they are continuing to have warranty cover it. But I’m at my wits end. This is the fifth time I have to take it in again.can you please message me if your Honda finds the problem? Same goes for me if I find out the problem.
Lol im going in for the 3rd time later. So it hasnt been resolved yet. Will update you. Im bugged off as well!

OP
OP

ttballs51186

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Lol im going in for the 3rd time later. So it hasnt been resolved yet. Will update you. Im bugged off as well!
I will say that the 4th time I took it in to Honda, they thought it had something to do with a part that stuck out from the cellinoid (sorry spelling sucks). They replaced it, and it was fine for 2-3 weeks. Once I reversed into my parking spot it came on. It seems like the coding only likes to come on when I put it into reverse, and then once it’s coding it never goes away. Anyway, I’ll keep you updated. Good luck bro!

takierosales

First Name
Romeo Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 1.8e
Country flag
I will say that the 4th time I took it in to Honda, they thought it had something to do with a part that stuck out from the cellinoid (sorry spelling sucks). They replaced it, and it was fine for 2-3 weeks. Once I reversed into my parking spot it came on. It seems like the coding only likes to come on when I put it into reverse, and then once it’s coding it never goes away. Anyway, I’ll keep you updated. Good luck bro!
Thanks bro. Noted that. Will update you to with what they’ll come up with later!

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Unrelated:

Did you even give the engine a proper break-in before tuning it?
Sponsored