Brake bleeder screw size

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Has anyone personally bled their brakes on a 10th gen yet? If so, what size was the bleeder screw head? 10mm?
I'm ordering a few odd tools right now and that's one I need, so please only reply if you've personally verified, instead of guessing based on what they've been in past generations or on other Hondas.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Has anyone personally bled their brakes on a 10th gen yet? If so, what size was the bleeder screw head? 10mm?
I'm ordering a few odd tools right now and that's one I need, so please only reply if you've personally verified, vs. guessing based on what they've been in past generations or on other Hondas.

Thanks!
you should order a set of sockets or wrenches instead...

they are usually 8 or 10mm

Last edited:

OP
OP

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
"please only reply if you've personally verified"

That's all I'm asking for. Simple enough. Possible no one here has done their own brakes yet.
Thanks for the research though.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
"please only reply if you've personally verified"

That's all I'm asking for. Simple enough. Possible no one here has done their own brakes yet.
Thanks for the research though.
well he didnt personally verified it other than checking a web site....

the question is why dont you have a 8 or 10mm socket already if you are trying to work on your own brakes. you should invest in a set of sockets or wrenches instead of buying one or two pieces at a time.

a basic set of sockets is around $10-15. while one socket is $2-3

OP
OP

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
well he didnt personally verified it other than checking a web site....
I know. Thus my quote.

"the question is why dont you have a 8 or 10mm socket already if you are trying to work on your own brakes. you should invest in a set of sockets or wrenches instead of buying one or two pieces at a time.

a basic set of sockets is around $10-15. while one socket is $2-3"
Regular wrenches can be trouble on bleeder screws. I'm buying flare nut wrenches.
Sorry I didn't mention that but I originally assumed someone replying to such a question would already know that.
And sockets would be a mess.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
I know. Thus my quote.

Regular wrenches can be trouble on bleeder screws. I'm buying flare nut wrenches.
Sorry I didn't mention that but I originally assumed someone replying to such a question would already know that.
And sockets would be a mess.
you want close end wrench or socket for the bleeder valve . you do not want flare nut wrenches unless you are changing the brake line. Since its such a new car, you could probably get away easily with a open end wrench.

yes front and back

OP
OP

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Hmm. Well maybe I don't need one then. I'm just putting together a list of oddball tools I sometimes seem to need but don't have. Seems like my screw on my last car was stripping last time I bled the brakes with my closed end wrench, a few years ago.
I've never seen anyone use a socket. It would be messy, and you couldn't put a line over it to feed to a collection bottle.

Thanks again.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Hmm. Well maybe I don't need one then. I'm just putting together a list of oddball tools I sometimes seem to need but don't have. Seems like my screw on my last car was stripping last time I bled the brakes with my closed end wrench, a few years ago.
I've never seen anyone use a socket. It would be messy, and you couldn't put a line over it to feed to a collection bottle.

Thanks again.
bleeder valve tend to strip a lot especially on older cars. they get rusty/soft from all the road dirt/rain/salt.

i just let my drip down into a bucket

FK7Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
you want close end wrench or socket for the bleeder valve . you do not want flare nut wrenches unless you are changing the brake line. Since its such a new car, you could probably get away easily with a open end wrench.

yes front and back
Flare nuts work better than any 12 point box wrench, but I would use a 6 point box wrench over a flare-nut wrench
Sponsored