Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey everyone,

I just received my Boomba BOV in the mail today and installed it on my 17 Si. (Which was definitely a pain.) But nonetheless, it's on now. It sounds pretty decent but at the same time it doesn't really sound the "PSSHH" in their video. It's more of a "KAA-PSHH" if that makes sense. I wanted to make sure that "2 syllable" sound isn't the sign of greater issue. Any thoughts?

Here's video of me doing just a couple small pulls so you can hear.

Sponsored

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 hatchback sport, Mazda CX-3 2017, polaris rzr 1000s 2017
Country flag
Not sure about the sound, but if you want the cool pssshh sound you should go with an intake, more costly but wont hurt your afr during shifting, sure with an intake, it's better to have the correct maf scale because some intake can make run your engine run a littlebit leaner or richer but nothing to really worry about,it can be tuned with hondata or ktuner. vit show proof that bov cause problems on these engine. You should wait for a bpv, boomba is now working on a bpv.

fiatlux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Sequoia, '10 M6, '13 STi, '16 TLX
Country flag
Unless you get a speed density tune or a recirculating style bov/bpv, you're going to be running rich at shifts because air that's already been metered is getting dumped to the atmosphere. That'all cause backfires that can burn out your cats real quick

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
:doh: I would put the stock recirculating valve back on. BOV'S are useless on the 1.5. Unless you are running a big turbo with a built engine, stick to the stock recirculating bypass valve. I've seen the stock one peak at 28psi so far with no leaks. Wait for a company to make a upgrade. Can't stress this enough.

DKL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Challenger Hellcat. '06 Z4 '97 Supra '18 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey everyone,

I just received my Boomba BOV in the mail today and installed it on my 17 Si. (Which was definitely a pain.) But nonetheless, it's on now. It sounds pretty decent but at the same time it doesn't really sound the "PSSHH" in their video. It's more of a "KAA-PSHH" if that makes sense. I wanted to make sure that "2 syllable" sound isn't the sign of greater issue. Any thoughts?
My Supra has a Tial BOV, and under full boost (18 psi) it makes a 2 syllable dump sound, but not under light boost.
FYI, it's converted to MAP ECU, and doesn't have any cats.

OP
OP
joeblas

joeblas

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
:doh: I would put the stock recirculating valve back on. BOV'S are useless on the 1.5. Unless you are running a big turbo with a built engine, stick to the stock recirculating bypass valve. I've seen the stock one peak at 28psi so far with no leaks. Wait for a company to make a upgrade. Can't stress this enough.
I think I’ll be putting the stock one on after work today. Something just doesn’t seem right with this BOV.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I think I’ll be putting the stock one on after work today. Something just doesn’t seem right with this BOV.
:thumbsup:

OP
OP
joeblas

joeblas

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When I removed the stock hose, I had to be pretty aggressive with it to get it off which resulted in it tearing. Can I just go to a hardware or auto store with the original hose and have them cut me one that’s the same size? I’m assuming the hose that came with the boomba POV is too big for the stock BOV.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When I removed the stock hose, I had to be pretty aggressive with it to get it off which resulted in it tearing. Can I just go to a hardware or auto store with the original hose and have them cut me one that’s the same size? I’m assuming the hose that came with the boomba POV is too big for the stock BOV.
my Autozone gave me one for free....but yeah, they can cut one the right size

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
cant even hear nothing in that video anyway.....so youre better off stock

runnin9z

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 97 Nsx
Regardless of if it works or not its sounds dumb. Sounds like someone sneezing in your passenger seat lol! But say everyone is saying car will probably function better with the stock valve.
Sponsored