Bought my first civic

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
So the remaining issue you are working is the back edges of the two panels not aligning? Not sure what you mean by "isn't flush"? Flush to me usually means same height. Since alignments like this always come as a set with alignments everywhere else on the panel, I'm not sure I'd mess with what you are seeing. Inevitably making it better here probably makes it worse somewhere else.
Sponsored

Attachments

OP
OP
hondafan

hondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex 2012 Odyssey Lx
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So the end game goal here would be the hood aligning with the fender like it does on the left side. To me the way the hood sits as of now is 10x better to how it was when I took it to the dealership but the dealership wants to take it to the bodyshop and get it perfect as they envision a new car should be. You are correct that it is flush now but not aligned. I only went in to ask if this is how the hood should sit and that when the dealership stated that it wasn't and would do anything they could to make as how it should be.

OP
OP
hondafan

hondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Quick update just dropped the car off at the dealer they said at the latest I should have my car back on Friday evening will post pictures when I get it back. Funny enough the loaner car they gave me is a 2015 versa -_- missing the civic already.

OP
OP
hondafan

hondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just got back from the dealer without my car!!! Went to pick up the car as I was checking the hood I noticed a few bumps on the hood after closer inspection I saw that it was covered in overspray. Looking over the whole car closer I also saw that my car was filled with swirl marks everywhere it looked like they just got a dirty rag and dragged it all over my brand new car. The service department manger agreed and apologies over and over i'm devastated. The dealership told me they will make the car look like the new car it is.

Attachments

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yikes. I wonder what they will do. Is it better to wait for them to get a new car in?

firstblud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
It's hard for me to tell anything by the pic. What was their story with the overspray?

OP
OP
hondafan

hondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got the car back this morning looks like the dealership got it all cleaned up. The story on the overspray was the body shop that adjusted the hood rushed the job and somehow some overspray landed on my car from one of the other car they were working on. The service manager has canceled all other jobs going to them and will send future cars to another bodyshop. Overall this was a mess that could have been avoided but in the end the dealership tried to make it right and they did. To make me feel a bit better they also gave me a year pass to the beach and 4 free oil changes. I'm just happy that i got my car back

OP
OP
hondafan

hondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Take a look for your self. The car look 100 time better I can still see a few swirl but over all it look great

Attachments

OP
OP
hondafan

hondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thats what I noticed when I picked it up. Looks like they clayed, buffed, polished, sealed and wax it. I finally got to put all the goodies I got for it over the weekend. Now just to reschedule with my tint shop to get the windows done. Still not sure if I should wrap the roof in glossy black and also black out the chrome trims.

Viet_Racer

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic EM1
Country flag
Thats what I noticed when I picked it up. Looks like they clayed, buffed, polished, sealed and wax it. I finally got to put all the goodies I got for it over the weekend. Now just to reschedule with my tint shop to get the windows done. Still not sure if I should wrap the roof in glossy black and also black out the chrome trims.
Go for it, I think that looks good. Black roof makes the car look lower and sportier. For blacking out the trim and front grille bar definitely go gloss (not flat) black. Maybe even a black chrome if they have that type of finish.

OP
OP
hondafan

hondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Go for it, I think that looks good. Black roof makes the car look lower and sportier. For blacking out the trim and front grille bar definitely go gloss (not flat) black. Maybe even a black chrome if they have that type of finish.
No doubt about the glossy black, but first thing is tint the windows

I added the leds inside a broadway convex blue tint mirror and tree frog black squash fragrance

Attachments