Bought a 2018 2.0 Turbo Accord Touring

andy_kiawah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
So y'all, after two years of owning a Civic Touring, I traded it in for a 2018 2.0 turbo Accord Touring. I'll miss the Civic, but won't miss all the visits to the shop for warranty repairs. The hype is real with this new Accord. I mean, holy hell... it's freaking sweet, and super solid feeling. It's been real you guys!
Sponsored

OP
OP
andy_kiawah

andy_kiawah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Sure, you have the top dog there!

Show some pics please! How's the acceleration?

Has the pricing come down since launch?
I can post some photos when I get home today. It's white with black leather interior. Acceleration is plentiful and immediate, and its feels extremely confident in corners. As for pricing, I used the Costco Auto Program to get a quote and used that as my number with the dealers sister store near me. If you don't have a Costco membership, I would highly recommend getting one just for this perk alone. It was well below MSRP.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can post some photos when I get home today. It's white with black leather interior. Acceleration is plentiful and immediate, and its feels extremely confident in corners. As for pricing, I used the Costco Auto Program to get a quote and used that as my number with the dealers sister store near me. If you don't have a Costco membership, I would highly recommend getting one just for this perk alone. It was well below MSRP.
Automatic?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep, that's the only option in the Touring trim. 10 speed auto.
oh yeah, the sport 2.ot has the manual. my dealer is adding "value" to the MT sport 2.0 lol. Wont be paying that

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, I just checked that out and $2k under sticker! My dealer probably wouldn't take that though. :confused:
man, $36k MSRP gives me the shivers. i realize it the top line everything and I love Honda, but at that price im looking at moving up in brand to the Acura TLX V6. Guess I feel the same about the Civic Touring though, at that price im going Accord. I guess Im just fine in the mid level trims. Still want a Sport 2.0 Accord MT though. Waiting for my dealer to have one to drive

OP
OP
andy_kiawah

andy_kiawah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
man, $36k MSRP gives me the shivers. i realize it the top line everything and I love Honda, but at that price im looking at moving up in brand to the Acura TLX V6. Guess I feel the same about the Civic Touring though, at that price im going Accord. I guess Im just fine in the mid level trims. Still want a Sport 2.0 Accord MT though. Waiting for my dealer to have one to drive
Got mine for 33 :) Plus, with the Acura, I don't believe you're going to get the bells and whistles unless you shell out a few more grand for the technology package.

fjrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 4 door LX with CVT
Country flag
For someone who was unhappy with their last Honda to buy another Honda seems a bit deranged.

Obviously you weren't as unhappy with your Civic as you imply.

Apparently it gives you a thrill to post about your new Honda. Maybe it won't be a warranty queen too.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
TLX V6 with AWD/TECH is well over $40k

Top of the line TLX is $10k more than Top Line Accord. For what? AWD?V6?

Accord is a much better value.
thats why I said a TLX V6. dont want AWD, its not comparable, the Accord doesnt have AWD. They all have Acura Sense and Carplay/Android with Jewel Eye headlight and the Mutli-use display. The base Acura has heated seats and pretty much every thing the accord has minus the led fogs. It really is a good comparison until you Tech and A Spec. but the base v6 TLX has 99% of the creature comforts of the Accord Touring. Again, I love the new Accord and I want to experience the 2.0T firsthand.

OP
OP
andy_kiawah

andy_kiawah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
For someone who was unhappy with their last Honda to buy another Honda seems a bit deranged.

Obviously you weren't as unhappy with your Civic as you imply.

Apparently it gives you a thrill to post about your new Honda. Maybe it won't be a warranty queen too.
I'm not sure how to respond to this. You seem like real fun guy though. I was unhappy with the multiple issues I had with the Civic (stereo, subwoofer, CVT lurching, and AC gurgle), all of which were eventually fixed after multiple visits and persistence, with the exception of the gurgling AC. Had it not spent more time in the shop for warranty repairs than it had for scheduled maintenance, I'd have been very pleased with it. I'm on my 4th new Honda now, and am not going to switch brands because of one bad experience. I also test drove the Accord with much more attention to detail this time around and was unable to find any complaints. Couple that with the fact the it's not a CVT, and my concerns have been laid to rest over this purchase. Who knows, I could be wrong... we'll see. Go be a fucking douche somewhere else.

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I had a loaner 2018 Accord last week and couldn't wait to get back in my Civic X touring.

The Accord interior is terrible and that display sticking up just looks wrong. It also felt like driving a big boat. It only had 700 miles and was making clicking noises on front left even with the smallest bumps. Also the windshield sprayer pump must have issues because it could barely spray past half way up the windshield.

The Civic just feels tighter and better control and much more fun to drive imo

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, I don't trust the Acura will be around much longer. Definitely not in the upcoming electric age. I just want an Accord EX-L 2.0T myself.
they priced the 2.0T like its made of platinum lol. They are really proud of it but, I dont blame them. 90% of buyers will just get the 1.5 and not know any better. I would have to have some sort of amazing deal to get me to even think about the 1.5 in an accord with the cvt.

OP
OP
andy_kiawah

andy_kiawah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
I had a loaner 2018 Accord last week and couldn't wait to get back in my Civic X touring.

The Accord interior is terrible and that display sticking up just looks wrong. It also felt like driving a big boat. It only had 700 miles and was making clicking noises on front left even with the smallest bumps. Also the windshield sprayer pump must have issues because it could barely spray past half way up the windshield.

The Civic just feels tighter and better control and much more fun to drive imo
Yeah, I'd be curious to know which trim as well. Was the clicking near the tire? I too really loved the way the civic touring drove. Plenty of power and just felt good.

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
What trim?
It was an LX but the size and display and suspension is pretty much the same as other trims. I just couldn't get over how bulky it felt. Oh I forgot the other thing the mileage was only 31mpg compared to 43 on my civic.

Either way I don't believe you can even compare the two vehicles, one is just much bulkier. What's crazy is both vehicles have the same weight capacity of 800lbs. I thought Accord would support more people / cargo weight

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It was an LX but the size and display and suspension is pretty much the same as other trims. I just couldn't get over how bulky it felt. Oh I forgot the other thing the mileage was only 31mpg compared to 43 on my civic.

Either way I don't believe you can even compare the two vehicles, one is just much bulkier. What's crazy is both vehicles have the same weight capacity of 800lbs. I thought Accord would support more people / cargo weight
Same chassis as Civic now no? That was the reason for redesigns of both. A worldwide chassis for the Accord and Civic to share? am I crazy?
Sponsored