BOTTOM OF CAR IS SCRAPING

jr562123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic
Hello,

so I was driving my civic last night and I noticed that the bottom of the car would scrape in spots that I've driven for months that never scrape. after getting home I looked down and noticed that the bottom was missing a screw and one is just hanging loose. should I be concerned?

Honda Civic 10th gen BOTTOM OF CAR IS SCRAPING 20161126_181501
Sponsored

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
That's not just hanging. That got ripped out. Is that a puddle of oil on the bottom right?

Might wanna jack the front up, drop the splash shield, and check the oil pan for leaks. You definitely hit something.

FYI: this is the wrong sub forum. It needs to be moved into the one above this one.

Last edited:

WNC_Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean Blue Civic LX Coupe 6 speed manual ,2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 5 speed manual
Wow the bottom is all scratched up,i live on a long gravel road and mine doesnt look like that.And yeah you hit something to knock that loose

See whats going on under there and get that fixed.

ockc

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic HB Sport CVT Sonic Grey, 2007 Honda Fit NHBP(GD3)
Country flag

airickmatthews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch sport
Country flag
I literally just had the same issue. Was driving down the interstate and the metal plate was scraping the entire time, the black front plastic managed to get on top of it and the wind pushed it down. The two bolts holding them together went missing, assuming from when I had my downpipe installed. Just bend the metal back up and bolt it back together.

Metal_Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
This happened to me as well, after getting my second oil change at the dealership. The technician never put the 2 front screws back in the splash shield. Happens often as I've seen many posts about it on the 10Gen Facebook group. However, this may not be what happened in your case. Looks like at least one of the screws were in. Did that one get ripped out?

jayzon831

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic hatchback sport cvt, 2003 Acura RSX (totaled)
Country flag
Is your car slammed or something? The black splash shield is hanging way too low. Looks like something hit it, or the screws somehow got rattled loose. You should get replacement screws to bolt the metal and plastic shields flush against the bottom of your car.

Si_Gus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This happen to me as well on my second oil change, for a temporary fix i just zip tied the drivers side till the next oil changed.

Legato

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
It’s a simple fix of just adjusting the skid plate back to where it’s supposed to be with a couple bolts. Had this happen to me a few months ago due to all the snow I drove over.

dt17

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback turbo 2017
Country flag
I had my oil change at dealership then this happened to me. But they said it felt out by itself or I damaged it so I have to pay for it... how to I prove anything in this case?

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1) Get the screws back in.
2) Make sure your tires are properly inflated. When it gets cold out, they can deflate a little, lowering your car just enough for scraping.

Done deal!

ockc

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic HB Sport CVT Sonic Grey, 2007 Honda Fit NHBP(GD3)
Country flag
I had my oil change at dealership then this happened to me. But they said it felt out by itself or I damaged it so I have to pay for it... how to I prove anything in this case?
I would ask to speak to the service manager and have him explain to you how a screw falls off by itself?
Sponsored